Exercise music

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
So what do you pump iron, stretch, jog, etc. to?

I find a nice ragga mix allows me to pump iron (my current regime) more and for longer. Baadddmaaaaan time!

I'll be switching to yoga soon - will I have to switch to LTJ Bukem?

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
I really like good lyrical hiphop if I'm doing weights. Lupe Fiasco at the mo'.

For other exercise, summat a bit faster. But I've a wide selection on my Mp3 playa so I can always find sumthing.

Hate it, cos my gym always has MTV or music channels on the TVs, so I have to take my mp3 playa just cos I can't stand alot of the shite that gets played...

Yoga is ace...But you'll have to concentrate too hard to have any music!

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
When I'm training I like to listen to either Wu Tang/Def Jux style hiphop, or some Plump DJs style breakbeat, or some old school electro like Mantronix and Bambaataa.

When I'm doing Tai Chi (non meditation) I listen to Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works 2 and Brian Eno Music For Airports (prolly suit your yoga fine Dustek)

(y) ;)

DJNitrousUK

VIP Junglist
yeah -- if you're interested in EXERCISE MUSIC.....for gym music or music for fitness in general, I recommend European dance music.......

it's always the best motivational tool for me...

.... here's a compilation series on iTunes that I recommend -- the "Euro Club Hits" series:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/...edSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol+
This is pretty much the same as the post in the Christina Aguilera threead thing, i think logikz was right on them being bots... either that or thy're just spamming everything...

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
aerobic wise it's got be generally any dnb set, as long as it's rollin' and/or wobblin'
it's proven that the higher the bmp, the harder and longer you work out.

weights wise. it's somethine along the lines of alix perez/d bridge/lynx mixes. ya na. kinda nice and easy but still regulated. they keep me focused and keep the intensity up.

i did and do find that when the bmp of tracks is changing, and/or there isn't a regular beat, it just doesn't seem to help me. i need that formulation in the music to help me out.

Blurr

Wasted Selection
VIP Junglist
This is pretty much the same as the post in the Christina Aguilera threead thing, i think logikz was right on them being bots... either that or thy're just spamming everything...
it does seem a lil too personal to the thread to be a bot, but it does say EXERCISE MUSIC so its prob on any thread with those to words in the title

dnb i find too fast to lift weights too

gotta be dubstep and grime (plastician on rinse)

or new york rap like old mobb deep, nas, d-block, the lox, BIG or old Ja-z mixtapes (not albums)

or UKhiphop like akala, skepta, klashnikof, plan B mixtapes,

or the rocky soundtrack lol