@ Exercise/Fitness heads!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by muzzadj, Mar 20, 2010.

1. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Right so summer's coming along and i'm looking rather scrawny haha! Can't afford/get to a gym so was wondering if anyone knows any good ways to get fit and build a bit of muscle from home?!

Nice oneeee

2. NastyLimbCheat

NastyLimbCheat Active Member

get a chin up bar and a bench press.

take steriods.

drink protein shake.

3. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

This got me my physique

[​IMG]

4. Jakue08

Jakue08 Active Member

just buy a dumbell collection

it works really well if you wana look more muscely, although i go to the gym and use it you can still buy a set of them for cheap, i joined about 2 months ago and could barely lift 12kg on each arm, now im on 26kg and look much healthier

5. DJ Spliff

DJ Spliff Never Enuff Vinyl

This. Free weights are great for builing muscle. Shit load of diff exercises you can do with just those. Eat a lot of protein.

6. boobjunkie

boobjunkie Active Member

press ups, do lots of sets with your arms at different distances apart

7. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

I've got a set of pretty light dumbells from when i was a bit younger, whats the best way to build a bit of muscle with them?!

8. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Get a job as a hoddie. If not sod teh dumbbell, do you want big arms and a fat gut ? No ya don't. Don't worry about big, think wirey, and strong...
    Go to B&Q, buy a bag of sand for 70p. it weights 25 kgs. Now carry it home. Repeat the next day.

seriously theough the 70p is well spent.

think pressups. Different sets. eg: put your feet on teh bed , clench fists and do your pressups.
    Put your arms wide apart for your lats. For your chest, put them together thumb to thumb forefinger to forefinger.
    Try holding a position 1 inch above the ground.

Squat thrusts, Yoga, sit ups...

get a punch bag. they are 60 quid

Lots of good books, but best thing go to a Ju Jitsu, Karate Kung Fu whatever class for a few weeks, learn eth warm up excercises. Then go to a yoga class learn tehir excercises...you'll get good core strengthe, and the sand bad, carry it around, on your shoulder, under your arm pick it up put it down..it will build some last core muscls alright.

Maybe get a book on fitness, second hand form amazon, maybe get a weekend job as a hoddie, or on a farm mucking out...you'll end up fit then.'

9. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Thanks for your input mate, will deffinatly crack on with some of that!

Never seen you post so many serious answers in 1 day :teeth: .. Bigup!

10. Radius

YOu won't build much muscle with them, good for stamina & toning...hold bars out in front of you and holds, then move to side, and hold. If your into boxing etc this will add your stamina allright

11. DJ Spliff

Just look up diff exercises you can do with dumbells online. You'll find loads of shit. Do 3 sets of 12 repititons for each exercise.

12. Radius

I just lost a whole stone. half of it this week. **** I started eating porridge for breakfast every day. Stopped the chocolate bars.Giving up telly unless my legs and arms are jelly.
    telly ???!!! get into something more active. Fucking coro fucking nation for fucks sake soaps rah 12 hours a week sat down like some jabba teh hut fuckit

**** had a week off, and trust me I am aching from all the workouts I have done

13. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Had a little look online, just couldn't be arsed to filter through the ridiculous amounts of crap google came up with!!!

14. Radius

PS :Don't do a GYM ...you'll prob give up after a while...build up your own home routine before you start the gym and you're more likely to keep going

15. DJ Spliff

Oh come on you lazy ass! Then just look up whatever mucsle group it is your interested in improving. I.E. Chest, biceps, triceps etc. Some sites will give you a little gif on how you do the exercises. You won't even have to read shit! Which it really is hard to read how to do a certain exercise without pics and try and comprehend what the hell it is they want you to do.

16. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

yeah your right Spliff i need to sort it out! How am i going to cope with working out if i can't be arsed to click a few more times hahah! Thanks guys :) Wicked info so far! Are protein shakes worth getting?

17. BDS

BDS Active Member

You should buy a kettle bell mate,

You can do just about everything with it, you tube some videos about it and you'll see what I mean.

Im in pretty much the same position as you so Im getting one at the end of the month come payday.

You tube it, theyre better than dumbells because the weight is more centred in your hand and therefore works more muscles while doing the different ecercises. plus they take up fuck all room in your house and still does everthing a set of free weights will do.

18. DJ Spliff

They're worth getting if you plan on busting ass getting big and going heavy. If all you're planning on doing is the hand weights you have then don't worry with it. Just be mindful of getting a little bit of extra protein in you for muscle repair. (Preferably fish or chicken) Latest research shows that a diet extremly high in protein actually shrinks your brain a bit.

19. Reality Check

Reality Check Purveyor of fine antiques

Just looking into Kettlebells myself, think I'm gonna invest when I get my next student loan.

20. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Yeah those kettlebells look pretty sweet, but as Radius said, i don't just wanna be a scrawny fuck with hench arms lol! Any other effective exercises for other parts of the body anyone knows of?!