06. Macc - It's Cold Inside
07. dgoHn - Squish
08. Alpha Omega - Flying Automobiles
09. Bad Mammal - Knife Song
10. Martsman - Roads (Sileni Remix)
11. Beatokko - Going Beyond
12. ICR - Earth Odyssey
13. oS - Bears

For audio clips, check DOA http://www.dogsonacid.com/audio/search/?action=search&formname=AudioSearch&RLSearch=exegene

To Order:
While we get a more organised shop on the go, the only way to order for the time being is by Paypal.

Send the money to donate (at) exegene (dot) com. Please make sure your name + address is included.

Prices: (all include paypal surcharges + p&p + free stickers)

£6.50 - for UK orders
£7.00 - for EU orders
£8.00 - for Rest of the World orders

Extra copies are £5
add 50p extra postage on every extra copy ordered.

Orders will be shipped the same or next day after ordering.

.....and now for some nice words by Muttley:

They say good things come to those who wait. How apt then, that I had been waiting an eternity for a
certain compilation to surface from the dreaded depths of delays, and into the Drum & Bass stratosphere
over the past few months. This compilation was none other than Exegene Recordings 'Noise Corrosion', a
disc whose ideal was to offer producers from shores both logistics local, established and largely uncharted
on the drum and bass map a base to air their wares, all whilst uncompromising their needs to experiment
with the regularity of dance music structure.
Unwrapping the package for the first time it's observable that there's been plenty of care and soul poured
into the presentation of this one-off rarity. Indeed, the charming fellow on the front cover appears
somewhat equally transfixed as well. He's probably been won over by the instrumental Hip-hop and amen
amalgamations present in the first track, Paradigm X's mightily energetic 'Malthusian Blues'. It's a
testament to the diversity of this label that such a number has been pencilled to headline proceedings on
this compilation - much like Cartridge's wild and wacky 'Suspicion' that takes centre stage shortly after it's
always stimulating to hear such a wide palette of sounds, moods and hybrids juxtapose surprisingly snugly
in one place, and furthermore retain lasting appeal after multiple listens. I picked out a theme of tracks
sharing an abundance of influences from the past, typified by colourful strokes of classical instrumentation
(think Source Direct, Good Looking, plus Reinforced Records) and ornamenting them with contemporary
aesthetics such as vivid electronic spasms and glitchy futurism. A risky combination you may agree, so I'm
glad to reassure you that it's worked with startlingly good results in this case. I won't indulge in longwinded
descriptions of each track for you, all I will say from this point on is that label owner Bob Cube has
compiled a real gem here, with a dull moment inaudible throughout. And to all those looking for a
springboard into the alternative sound of Drum & Bass, get yourself a copy of this asap. It could be the
best £7.50 you'll ever spend.

Contact: info (at) exegene (dot) com if you have any questions.

Cheers all.

Exegene is an affliate of Subvert Central:

Looking for related sounds, ideology, and japery? Click the image above.

:borat:

Back
Top Bottom