Excessive CPU Usage in FL 8

Discussion in 'Production' started by Simply D., Mar 22, 2011.

1. Simply D.

Simply D. Polysonic

Hey all.

So sometimes when i use FL studio, my CPU will get bogged down to the point where i cant even listen to the track im making all the way through because its clipping so bad.

At the same time, sometimes when i open it, i'll have all the CPU room in the world, and i dont make any changes to the track tha tim working on, its completely at random.

Does anybody else have this problem, and maybe a solution?

its really annoying and i cant even finish what im working on half the time.

thanks in advance everyone.

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

It's a latency issue mate. Easily fixed. Go to options / sound and you should see a little slider, slide it to the right a little and try again, if it still clips, slide it a bit more to the right until everything plays ok.

3. JungleFever

JungleFever Member

need a better computer, I use the technique above that does work but doesnt seem to put a stop to it. Clearly space and defragging computer will also help

4. kama

kama benkama.net

Also could be a faulty plugin. I sometimes get that from Voxengo SPAN when it's set too update the graph very fast. Also something called Otium Basslane that monoes everything below a certain frequency does strange 100% spikes on the cpu usage.

5. ARTFX

ARTFX www.artfx-studios.com

I have this problem too. Tested it between FL Studio 9 and Cubase 5, same project with the same audio files and the same inserts en sends.
    FL started acting all weird at only 1/4 of the amount of plugins I could insert into Cubase.

I'm also using the same audio drivers for both programs, so yeah I switched to Cubase, lol.