Evox - The Journey (Drum & Bass work in progress)

Nice man. Not really my style, but as for tips, maybe bring the drums out a little more, mono ur kick and snare. Its kinda lacking some low end, bring out that underlying bass a bit and thicken the sub. I like the electric synth, but it gets kinda repeatative. Good job none the less, dont mean to be so critical ;)

As for the soundcloud embedding, just highlight and press the little soundcloud wrap button. Cheers

Your embeding code is far too complex. what you need is bellow without the spaces within the brackets. i.e.

[ SOUNDCLOUD ]http://soundcloud.com/evoxdnb/the-journey-unfinished[ /SOUNDCLOUD ]

Then it appears like this.

theres a button with the word soundcloud on the text bar you can click and it puts the basic code in for you and you just paste your URL bettween the two brracketed components.

Last edited:
The drums sound like they could be very good but for some reason you have them panned in some strange way, keep most your percussion centred especially your kick and snare in fact make the kick mono. The synth work has promise but I think it's too complex, too many little add ons like the little downward note roll at the end of a phrase, that may work after 16bars but not every 4bars, maybe you could use some glide on the synth notes in the way that is popular in electro-house? There are moments where this track really has some energy but it's being lost with too much complexity on the synth and weirdly panned drums. The sonic character of your track is good though very clear.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'l try to change the drums to make them mono, I haven't intentionally panned the drums so il have to look into that.

Back
Top Bottom