Evolve, again

Urquelle

Hi,
for those of you who have not yet read this thread in production section
(Yeah first post direct fail, i feel great and so confident.... ;)

This my latest track, The Evolve

http://soundcloud.com/chicken_ripper/the-evolve

As for the technical stuff, i know the limiter is working too hard, but i wanted to push this really hard to get sum volume, since some tracks in YOUR signature (meaning most all of them) are really damn loud and at the same time very clear, which i find astounding.

Started producing 06` or sumthing with the Year Zero Remix NIN Release, stayed with Ableton since ^^

Gratefully, (even more now ^^)
Jan Kohout

I'll be honest, it's not my cuppa tea. I'll try my best to give some constructive feedback though. I quite liked the pads in the background, but i feel like you could maybe use a bit less breaks and let some of the more musical elements come through, which aren't that bad if your into this kinda sound, but yeah theres so much going on in this tune, maybe a little too much? But obviously this all comes down to personal taste at the end of the day.

Yeah i can understand you, but i would like to know wether this sounds like garbage or not, soundwise ^^ sure, this composition is pumped with little details,
which "can" be overwhelming when compared to more focused tunes. But while composing, i feel guilty when just copy/pastin every 4 bars, maybe i should focus more on sound rather than variety though ^^
More Critic please :)

i think youre extremely musical you got string arrangements with pianos and leads and chords all over. that is awesome. i think you need to work on the sound a little, like your strings have too much attack and too little decay so it sounds very artificial when you change the chord or note in the sequence. turn the music down and up the beats and the bass a little too. you dont need a limiter necessarily, unless you really want one on there id take it off. you could make lots of songs with the parts of this one, there are so many things happening and i think you could let certain things go on for a lot longer. i dig on the musicality, its the most important part, just keep fiddling with the sound and it will come. check a kemal (bleed) or calibre tune and look at the confidence they have in their arrangement, what bits go on and what changes and so. im not saying copy its just good to learn from the greats.

*happyface
this is what i needed. calibre is one of my favourite dnb artists,
and i know exactly what you mean with that,
i will try to cover his "structure" for my next arrangement.
(as for this one....you know when fiddling too much just gets you more angry bout the track? ^^ just let this stay for a month)
thanks really much :)

Back
Top Bottom