Evolution Of Tunes

charlie89

Saw something posted on here the other day about Interface - Desperate Measures dropping the David Attenborough sample before it was released. I know that alot of the changes are due to legal issues with the samples and such but I think that dnb is pretty unique in the way that the tunes evolve from when they are first played out in the clubs right up untill their release dates.

Interface - Desperate Measures

Released as

DC Breaks - Take That

Released as

Not sure if these are seperate tunes but i think

Subfocus - Turn It Around

became

DJ Fresh - Hypercaine

Became

Anybody else add some?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this down to the fact that some songs get played out unfinished. TC's Fuck What You Heard original sounded nothing like the released version, along with his & Sub Focus' Borrowed Time (I swear it was just called sweet as hell). Compare the unfinished dub version of triple X to the released one, wasn't too much difference, released version was much better. I did prefer the original of Spor's Breathe In Scream Out with the vocals, shame that didn't get released. Most are 'works in progress' unless they have legal issues like Noisia's My World.

Saw something posted on here the other day about Interface - Desperate Measures dropping the David Attenborough sample before it was released. I know that alot of the changes are due to legal issues with the samples and such but I think that dnb is pretty unique in the way that the tunes evolve from when they are first played out in the clubs right up untill their release dates.

Released as

Sounds about 50 times better first time around, those samples do it and the dramatic intro lost for the release. Are the BBC into D&B? lol

nice thread...

wasn't food fight vastly different to start with? some recent hazard tune anyway

well, as a producer... you play your track out, then use that as feedback, so its pretty standard imo... not sure about other genres doe?

Yeah, food fight was originally called I need somebody, I think. Something like that anyway.

Noisia - My world.
That was deffo better before they had to alter the vocal.

well, as a producer... you play your track out, then use that as feedback, so its pretty standard imo... not sure about other genres doe?

afaik the 'Commercial' House scene is near enough the same, you'll hear a track in Ibiza that'll smash every club every night, then you don't hear it for another year or two and all of a sudden it's in the top 40 with a random woman singing over the top of it...

Be interesting to get some examples of this. I know i've heard some but honestly cant really think of any right now...
The only couple that spring to mind are Stanza's 'Number Gas', which if im honest reckon the demo sounded alot better than the actual release (no offense Stanza). Another was Seba's 'Riga' which later got changed to 'Snow', although they sounded pretty similar overall

afaik the 'Commercial' House scene is near enough the same, you'll hear a track in Ibiza that'll smash every club every night, then you don't hear it for another year or two and all of a sudden it's in the top 40 with a random woman singing over the top of it...

Hahaha, that's basically the same as when 'Gold Dust' was getting played in 2007, and look what happened to that..

The same happened with 'Last Night' from Brookes Bros as well, they had to change the sample for legal reasons doe. Even though Eveson got away with it, cheekycheeky

Brookes Brothers - Last Night was another
Although just a vocal change, but definitely made a big difference on how the song sounded

roni size - snapshot, version without vocals is so much better imo. really disapponted when I heard them vocals

Be interesting to get some examples of this. I know i've heard some but honestly cant really think of any right now...
The only couple that spring to mind are Stanza's 'Number Gas', which if im honest reckon the demo sounded alot better than the actual release (no offense Stanza). Another was Seba's 'Riga' which later got changed to 'Snow', although they sounded pretty similar overall

I made the original a while ago and always liked it (and probably prefer it to the released version too tbh) but it never got noticed or picked up by any labels, so I did a VIP of it for my own use and then that one got "noticed" and ultimately signed as "Number Gas" when it was really a VIP. I might rename the original as a VIP and give it away at ome point

I made the original a while ago and always liked it (and probably prefer it to the released version too tbh) but it never got noticed or picked up by any labels, so I did a VIP of it for my own use and then that one got "noticed" and ultimately signed as "Number Gas" when it was really a VIP. I might rename the original as a VIP and give it away at ome point

Yes, please :)

whilst your here, any chance your heartbeats vip will see the light of day?

---------- Post added at 23:50 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

yeah on topic, i cant find the video but chase and status had a version of no problem that was a million times better than the released version

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:50 ----------

unreleased version of machine

released one

Released as

That's

mixed into Desperate Measures. Two different tunes.

That's

mixed into Desperate Measures. Two different tunes.

Yeah it is mixed with Bright Lights on that set but the David Attenborough sample and build up is what was dropped from the release version of Desperate Measures.

Back
Top Bottom