Evol Intent style sound editing...

Calefaction

How is this done exaclty? I mean, for instance, the way they glitch out a voice and stretch just a single part of a sample to sound all crazy and glitched. I have heard its done with tripletsm but I am not sure.

What tools would you need to pull something like this off?

Calefaction said:
How is this done exaclty? I mean, for instance, the way they glitch out a voice and stretch just a single part of a sample to sound all crazy and glitched. I have heard its done with tripletsm but I am not sure.

What tools would you need to pull something like this off?
Well what Evol intent does isnt some special shit man. You can do that with the vocals or whatever you want. What you need to do it mess with velocites and Cut off and Res. the reason why majority of the producers dont use that shit is because it doesnt work on nice on the dance floor. The shit they do is basic part of the production.

I did the similar shit to on one of my tracks.
Machinist

Last edited:
Silentkiller said:
Well what Evol intent does isnt some special shit man. You can do that with the vocals or whatever you want. What you need to do it mess with velocites and Cut off and Res. the reason why majority of the producers dont use that shit is because it doesnt work on nice on the dance floor. The shit they do is basic part of the production.

I did the similar shit to on one of my tracks.
Machinist

Thanks for the tip. And I duinno about it not working on the dancefloors...the EI remixes of Corrupt Cops and Where's The Score are DESTROYING floors in the US, at least my part of the US :)

I will tell you.....but only if you promise not to use it every 2 seconds throughout your tracks ;)

Basically it is entirely to do with the looping of your samples. For example, to get the stretched out sound you are referring to, make a copy of the sound you want effected and put a small loop somewhere in the sample (at the beginning probably). Play the sound and you will hear 'that' evol intent edit....adjust the loop length/point to get the sound you want. Alternatively, retrigger the sample in your sequencer with a succession of joined notes say at 64th or 32nd divisions (maybe smaller). I think that will also give the desired effect as long as the sample isn't set to one shot.

The easiest way would be to use Battery as looping is one of it's inbuilt effects. You could get the stretch effect in a matter of seconds :cool:

Actually there is alot of ways to pull off that vocal stretched trick on the WHERES THE SCORE
track, If you want the simplest way of doing it
just use your Slicer in SX chop up your sample into trigger points and add mass amounts of compressed TIME STRETCHING.

and If you want to get real crazy and do a real
authentic recreation of what they did, their is a plug-in in FL called the GRANULIZER I suggest that you get to know this plugin real well and
and get really really good at recorded autimation, FL is great you can autimate just about everything but besides that your just going to have to experiment with it till you get exactly what your looking for

FUCKING LOOOOOSERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!

Oh yea by the way there is nothing simple about what EVOL INTENT does,their drum work
and production skills are absolutely superb
you can only hope that one day that you will reach their level in production skills if ever..
BIG UPS TO THE EVOL CREW !!!!!

by the way if you get a chance check out
GIGANTOR from EVOL INTENT his new track -HOOK ECHO VIP- this track is prob some of the best production in D&B ive heard to date I cant wait till its released :lighter:

Evol intent is definately sick. Reason also has a looper in the NXTT sampler and set loops points at close range and you get that effect. Only problem is that you can't automate it... I also do some cutting & pasting of little loops using forge and then do some time stretching along with distortion and compression.. Comes out witha a cool effect if done right. Good luck Bro!

Check my lamur attempt (y)

Done with the mighty FL Studio and Delay effects + piano roll.

Attachments

• sdm_lamur_demo.mp3
    589.1 KB · Views: 161
you're all wrong.

we get a microphone and fart in it and run it through a vocoder and take that and make a 63 kbps mp3 out of it and render it as a wav file and then turn it into a real audio file and then burn it on cd and drag it behind our car... all along gigantor is riding his rollerblades by the cd (still dragging on the ground) and he's recording the sound that makes with a mini disc recorder. so we get that out of the mini disc and render it as a wav file and voila.. evol intent.

:P

knick said:
you're all wrong.

we get a microphone and fart in it and run it through a vocoder and take that and make a 63 kbps mp3 out of it and render it as a wav file and then turn it into a real audio file and then burn it on cd and drag it behind our car... all along gigantor is riding his rollerblades by the cd (still dragging on the ground) and he's recording the sound that makes with a mini disc recorder. so we get that out of the mini disc and render it as a wav file and voila.. evol intent,.
Totally (y):uberlaugh

(As I suspected!)

sdm said:
Check my lamur attempt (y)

Done with the mighty FL Studio and Delay effects + piano roll.
I changed it for another now. This one's not so random!

knick said:
you're all wrong.

we get a microphone and fart in it and run it through a vocoder:P

I KNEW there was an easier way!!!

Good lookin out with the tip! Now I just need to find a really huge guy with some rollerblades...

knick said:
you're all wrong.

we get a microphone and fart in it and run it through a vocoder and take that and make a 63 kbps mp3 out of it and render it as a wav file and then turn it into a real audio file and then burn it on cd and drag it behind our car... all along gigantor is riding his rollerblades by the cd (still dragging on the ground) and he's recording the sound that makes with a mini disc recorder. so we get that out of the mini disc and render it as a wav file and voila.. evol intent.

:P
:uberlaugh
:jacko:

Wicked clip sdm, that definately needs finishing. Apparently you can do it in Reaktor as well, I havent attempted it or really looked at the program, but Exile used it to do a live mix of Evol Intent tunes and his own, if you search on DOA you should find the thread where he explains how he did it (a bit) and he posted some screen shots.

Back
Top Bottom