Evol Intent - Middle Of The Night (DJ Dizzy Remix)

djdizzy

here's my submission for the Middle Of The Night remix competition. at first i wasn't going to participate because they said they preferred non-dnb remixes. but my wife said i should give it a try anyway just to see what comes of it, do something outside of my comfort zone of dnb. it's one of my favorite dnb songs too so that also helped as a deciding factor.

i labeled it trance but it's sort of progressive-ish at first to build atmosphere and definitely on the grittier side for it to be a trance song. so it is what it is. there's more i would've liked to have done with it but i was running out of time since the deadline is soon and i didn't know how long mastering would take. i just got it back from the mastering engineer, so here it is:

Last edited:
It sounds very electronic and psychedelic at the beginning, but I feel as if the intro is a bit too long for a trance track. To me it sounds more like Psychedelic Trance. The drums at 3:57 were very interesting. TBH I haven't heard breakbeat in trance. However, that doesn't make it bad.

I really like the atmosphere that you put in this song. Good job! :)

thanks for the feedback! most of the time that was spent on this song was doing that drone in the middle of the song, it was a lot of automating the virus. i had no idea what to classify the song as because like you said, the atmosphere isn't very trancey. one of my friends said they thought it had a little bit of a psy sound to it too, i'll definitely take that as a compliment. she said she was looking forward to hearing it after dropping some...

you've never heard a breakbeat in trance before? some trance songs in the early 2000's would throw in a short breakbeat phase as a brief changeup in the middle or towards the end before going back to 4 to the floor. it's something i'd hear on occassion and i always liked it.

Back
Top Bottom