Evo - upbeat dancefloor material

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by EvezDroppin, Oct 18, 2010.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

only work in progress so far, like ot know what peoples thoughts are, i dnt get enough time on tunes these days so a bit of feedback would be good so when i get a chance i know where i might be going wrong or whatever.
    feedback is wanted good bad or just brutal haha, whatever u think lemme know!
    nice one

for some reason soundcloud is being difficult, maybe try just my page se eif its there if it isnt working.

2. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

REEEEEEEAL good ideas. Bass needs to sit much better in the mix. Its far too muddy at the moment. Sub is pretty nice :D
    Loving the vocals. Maybe bring them up a little in the mix?
    The drums... put a little bit more in the high ends and give the kick and snare a bit more punch.

Decent track mate! Nicely started!

3. kama

kama benkama.net

I really loved the amen in the intro, too bad you stripped it out at the drop! And yea, don't be afraid to really boost the kick and snare, give it a good push so they punch proper.

4. EvezDroppin

thanks man, well i have 4 layers for the bass, one lowpassed pulsing one, 1 slightly less passed one then 2 for the higher grittier notes.
    the sub is not pulsin just playin a flat note. ill play with the bass... i thought it sounded ok haha but i see what u mean about the muddyness!
    yeah ill bring the drums up, mixdowns is really a mission for me!

thanks kama, im not so sure the amen would really work after the drop, no harm in trying i suppose... just think a more standard beat is going to compliment the rest of the elements better.

5. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

Lol. I didnt say it wasnt good! It's just a tad too.. blam! instead of wham!

you dig?

6. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Firstly, what's the quality of the MP3 that you posted to Soundcloud?

In my cheap headphones... your KD and SD aren't cutting through very well. Could be Soundcloud... or my headphones.

Track isn't my cup but it sounds like you've covered the 'jump up' style quite well. If that's the wrong Sub Genre, then pardon moi.

7. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

agreed with kama, amen chops in the intro are wicked!! give a very nice dynamic to the track... when it dropped it just felt like the beat was slightly too thin, i dont know what it needs, i think it might be the snare selection ;) but the bassline actualy sounds realy good to me, lots of life to it

8. Busdriver

Busdriver Member

Not very into that kind of stuff but i have to admit the intro amen is quite good. After that the beat need some more punch. Mix problem i think.
    The snare seems to splash on the sides a little.

9. EvezDroppin

Thanks for all the input lads... Kick and snare
    seem to be the main problem, will try n sort them out.. I'll play with the mixdown takin Layers out and playin with the bassline a bit!
    Amen on the intro I took from a similar idea in a track I heard, think it gives it alot of energy! Intro could be made better just before the drop!

10. EvezDroppin