Evo - FIGHT CLUB - sub heavy minimal roller

it is both minimal and techy, just like you said. i like what youve done with the aaaah vocal sample, i think im stealing that whole idea so i can be famous instead of you.
the thing i like the most about this tune is all the different parts, youve got lots of variations on the main theme with changes in the riff and the vol and cutoff envs change and
its a rather complex little diddy if a very subtle one. it flows really well too.
i think the synths could be lower in pitch with more overdrive and dirt and less stereo.
the drums could be heavier in the low end and add a main hihat too. all in all id like the sound to be a bit grimier. which you can acheive any number of ways. resample through an old amp and a cassette deck or whatever. you probably know all about that discussion. its a cool tune, i quite like it.

nice one logikz, it could be gritter and dirtier i agree on that!
iv tried distorting the snare a bit form what it was, maybe ill try a distorted clap.
tracks like this need variation imo, get really stale listening to the same 16 bars wiht a few little bleeps here and there!
i think ill stick a main hihat in there too, see where that takes me.
muchos gracias

wicked track mate really feeling it, like how it changes so much throughout, keeps you interested, kind of track you dont feel like skipping through, i agree with logikz too, could do with a bit more grit but apart from that i cant fault it man, nice work!

very nice grimey bass on this mate, right up my street !! keep it up ;)

drum break fills are very nice also.

thanks barnesy man, still trying to figure out what ur track reminded me of :P

cheers lucid i thought u might like it, im not quite sure i can pull off the more minimal sound, but im trying to find what style im best at!

wicked track man, really liking the drums. maybe dirty up the bass like others have said but its already sounding really good man.

Dutty! bass sounds niiiice and full man. Agree with the "ahhh" sample comments not a huge fan myself, think id like it maybe a few octaves lower.
Sick tho! Really like the little amen thats in there at the end of the 16 bars. i'd definitely send this off to a few people. The switch up at 1.50 is nice as well!

thanks barnesy man, still trying to figure out what ur track reminded me of :P

cheers lucid i thought u might like it, im not quite sure i can pull off the more minimal sound, but im trying to find what style im best at!

mate im very impressed by the other bit you uploaded
Girttyv2 bit more minimal sounding sick

i think ul be really good at this sound if u keep at it

Last edited:
cheers nuera, i think i might get rid of the ahhhhs, as i think when it drops out u get more feel for the bassline,
dnt suppose anyone would like to chuck this in a mix? im not sure how it would stand against properly mastered tracks tho!

nice one thin il check ur track now mate!

nice one lucid much appreciated, its the style im feeling most at the minute, dry country is sick man!
not too minimal, but with the sub low basslines, what its all about!
i just need to figure out the clicky percussion side of the drums a bit better, little fills here and there!

Back
Top Bottom