Ever Had Any Vinyl Stolen @ A Gig Or Elsewhere?

yep... i have had 3 copies (yes 3) of G Dubs 'tink ya bad' gone walkies! and single copies of tink ya bad are hard to come by!

one was at a house party, i left the decks telling the fella after me to put it in my bag... cheeky fuck put it straight in his!

the second one i actually stole off one of my mates (he he)... and then promptly lost it..

and the third copy went missing during a field rave...

Not personally stolen but I remember one night down the end @ a hardware night i think someone took the vinyl off the platter and it disappeared. Obviously the mc was like hang on a minute who ever did that hand it back now, the dj needs his tools. Cant remember who was on the decks but he didnt look impressed. im sure the boloke got a beating after!

yep... that tune obviously never belonged in my bag for some reason, powerful forces were at work!

3 copies! That's deep.....well I guess you only got one nicked really. As the third one getting nicked was karma for you nicking the 2nd copy lol!

All my mates that DJ are always walking out of parties etc with each others' vinyls but I guess they're lucky they're all mates....If next pplz were DJ'in then I guess they'd be watching them like hawks....

heard of another dj who has his whole BOX stolen from hi car at a gig, after he played. 'kin wounded!

had a few plates go missing over the years, not to theft. more down to not putting them back in the proper places, or just leaving them on the decks or something. going b2b with people sometimes things can get easily muddled up...

Yeah!! Lost bare vinyls over the years to robbery...

Dimensions EP with Swamp Thing
Mysterons
Fade to Grey Noisia Remix
Block Control EP

Are ones that spring to mind...all from illegal raves, also lost a couple of records due to the grooves getting filled in with powder, who the fuck does that?

you tink ya bad robbing your mates vinyl?

i dont tink, i know :clown:

also just remembered that at the end of the 2nd year of uni... i pinched T-10 off my flatmate on my out (for good) as he was still asleep and his records were out!

turns out he had nicke done of my tunes too... so we called it quits! but i am not in the habbit of snitching vinyls, i know how much they mean to people!

I've not lost vinyl at a house party I've been to... but I've lost some sleeves which is weird...

Guess I should be grateful it wasn't the vinyl that went walkies ;D

If someone picked them up - I hope they were disappointed to find nothing in them lol..

heard of another dj who has his whole BOX stolen from hi car at a gig, after he played. 'kin wounded!

had a few plates go missing over the years, not to theft. more down to not putting them back in the proper places, or just leaving them on the decks or something. going b2b with people sometimes things can get easily muddled up...

P.I.S.S.D!

I think this one's winning so far...

crew mate of mine had his entire bag stolen out his car after a gig. He plays alot of old skool jungle and has been collecting/djing since 94. All kinds of original pressing in it that he will never be able to replace. Happened almost a year ago and he's still sick about it.

crew mate of mine had his entire bag stolen out his car after a gig. He plays alot of old skool jungle and has been collecting/djing since 94. All kinds of original pressing in it that he will never be able to replace. Happened almost a year ago and he's still sick about it.

That's fuckin sad man.:cry:

me n my mate was up rhythm factory in white chapel and he left his bag in my car whiile i did my set

wen we came out 2 get his bag ready for his set, sum1 had smashed the window of my car n had it away

had tunes like an original press of 2 degree and renegade - terrorist, pulp fiction, ect as he was playing an old skool set

was so glad it wernt my bag, gutted for him tho, will never be able 2 replace some of them tunes

A fair few tunes ov mine have bin pinched along the way, Been propa gutted about a few of them, but i no what i get with Drum and bass robbin little rude boys who dont care bout the music just a quick ££££.

Back
Top Bottom