ever arranged an outdoor party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

logikz

I Am Not The King
ill tell you this right now, parties look quite different from behind the scenes. were about to throw an outdoors rave today and im already spent. Weve driven cross land and kingdom to get the huge speakers, the generator, the mixer and amp. Next step is setting it up which is in like... an hour or so. Last step is getting all the gear back to where it belongs. By then i will have acheived clinical brain death. We will start the night with some new upbeat soulful drum and bass and around 2-3 in the morning its hard techno time.

Wish me luck!

Yeah setting up outdoor parties is a right mission.

I've done 3 on a beach about 30 miles from where I live for two previous summers to this. Generators usually create problems. We didn't think bout the wind on beachs at night the first time we done one. At about 3-4am it really picked up and blew moist air and sand through the air filter, which fucked the genny temporarly. Music was only off for 10 mins though.

I now try n refuse to setup beach parties unless its someone elses equipment, then I'll giv um a hand. Sand fucks equipment and records big time :thumbsd:

Hope it all goes well though

Yeah i had a party last year. I had good music, but shitty location and people to work with. The person that i did this party with was a total crock... She got the equipment the very last minute and just didnt organize it good at all.. IT was suppose to be my birthday party, but i ran around all nite making sure everything was running ok cause the dumb bitch was doing drugs and what not.

Some key points for you. Although they seem pretty much common sense
1)Do it all yourself. Dont rely on anybody.
2)Book your djs and equipment early
3)Have a proper venue/location
4)Make sure you have enuff money for all expenses
5)Have plenty of parking

Basically have some common sense and keep it cool, and u will be ok. Its a lot of responsibilty. A lot more than people think. Good luck

Originally posted by Ol Skee
Yeah i had a party last year. I had good music, but shitty location and people to work with. The person that i did this party with was a total crock... She got the equipment the very last minute and just didnt organize it good at all.. IT was suppose to be my birthday party, but i ran around all nite making sure everything was running ok cause the dumb bitch was doing drugs and what not.

Some key points for you. Although they seem pretty much common sense
1)Do it all yourself. Dont rely on anybody.
2)Book your djs and equipment early
3)Have a proper venue/location
4)Make sure you have enuff money for all expenses
5)Have plenty of parking

Basically have some common sense and keep it cool, and u will be ok. Its a lot of responsibilty. A lot more than people think. Good luck

I had fun playing man, but I didn't have a very good time at the party no offense... haha, I know you didn't either. I enjoyed playing for you and I would any time :thumbsup:

Originally posted by synertia

I had fun playing man, but I didn't have a very good time at the party no offense... haha, I know you didn't either. I enjoyed playing for you and I would any time :thumbsup:
No doubt man.. A hard lesson learned.. Trust, the next one will be organized much better and with no bullshit and nothing but Drum and Bass.:afro:

ha ha! We went to the shittest outdoor free party last night, there was about 50 people there, and we had to wait around til about 4am just to play, and then when we did it turned out to be the shittest set-up ever!!! The decks were these crappy old Gemini's (proper antiques!) and to make matters worse, the decks were set up on the back of a lorry with the back down, but the whole thing was on a slant!!!!! I only mixed one tune and couldnt be arsed to carry on, far too frustrating! :mad:

Init, Mulla!!!!!!
That free party was the shittest free party ive ever been too. Okay, it might of been better if i was fucked but never the less, it was painful just being there.

To have a decent free party, there got to be a decent rig, a decent set of decks and shit loads of people.
The party saturday was lacking all these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Yes mate, thats the problem with free parties - unless theres a decent atmosphere (like the Exodus, Darkstar etc parties) then you really need to be off your tits to enjoy it!!! And boring old me, having given up pretty much all chemicals, definately wasnt feelin this one!!! Big ups to the Viper tho, we smashed it for about 10 minutes!!!

did you hear about the one near newbury on saturday??? apparantly 15 sound systems... i didn't go but would love to know if it went off?

mulla - did you go to lechlade in 1992? now THAT was a free party :)

Originally posted by Rareform

mulla - did you go to lechlade in 1992? now THAT was a free party :)

Nah I was about 10 then and living in Sarf London!!! Heard bare stories about it tho, reckon some people still havent recovered from it!!!

Originally posted by Mulla

Nah I was about 10 then and living in Sarf London!!! Heard bare stories about it tho, reckon some people still havent recovered from it!!!

yup.. i know a few of them...

fecking space cadets!

i was 15 and we cycled over from carterton! haha

SEX FEST
‘Everyone who enters intends to have sex’: Inside the Burning Man festival’s ORGY DOME, where 5,000 horny revellers get down and dirty every year

The 24-hour promiscuous tent is open to adult couples and 'moresomes' looking for 'a safe place to love'

By HAYLEY RICHARDSON
31st August 2016, 7:58 pm
Updated: 2nd September 2016, 6:04 pm
20 COMMENTS

FOR most of us, getting down and dirty at a festival is more to do with energetic dancing and a lack of shower and toilet facilities.

But for visitors to Burning Man Festival in Nevada desert’s Black Rock City, the term has a far more sexual connotation.

AP:ASSOCIATED PRESS
Burning Man festival is the largest outdoor arts festival in North America, with its drum circles, art exhibitions, guerrilla theatrics… and an Orgy Dome

Among the attractions at the yearly event, which sees tens of thousands of people gather for at least a week of rebellious mayhem, is the Orgy Dome.

Run by a group called And Then There’s Only Love, the 24-hour giant tent is billed as a safe, “a sex-positive, consensual space for couples and moresomes to play”, welcoming “the combination of love in all forms”.

Everyone’s invited – regardless of whether you’re straight, lesbian, gay, bi, poly-amorous or monogamous.

More than 5,000 people enjoyed the delights of the Dome at last year’s festival, with couples reportedly queuing up to go inside.

YOUTUBE
The Orgy Dome is marketed as a safe place to visit for sexual ‘fun’
According to one Reddit user and frequenter at the festival venue, the Orgy Dome has a “nice set up, clean towels and cushions, and moderate climate control”.

The door is always staffed and you must be with a partner to enter, though some partner swapping has been known.

The Redditer added: “Inside is generally not a writhing pile of 10 or 15 naked bodies as the name might suggest.

“Usually the dome is occupied by couples, with some threesomes and moresomes.

“There are some people watching on the edges, voyeurism and having an audience are definitely in play here, so know that going in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom