Event name required - by tonight!

I'm rubbish at this. I still don't have a DJ name.

But yeah - my friend and I are going to organise a music night. I intend to design the poster tonight. Basically he's good with all the recent chart music, especially house, garage, bassline, etc. I'm good with cheesy stuff and older dance music. It's going to be a mix of the two, depending on what the crowd wants. It will be on a weekly basis in a pub function room - every Saturday night. I want a name that describes a trip, journey or experience. Escape, creation, fusion, something like that, but less clichéd if possible.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

EDIT: looking for a name for the event, not myself!

Last edited:

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
yes mate, its from fat-pie if memory serves me correctly, and its real deep and disconcerting at times. havent checked it for ages, think i might right now

BeyondTherapy

VIP Junglist
you need a theme ... as marketing is based around that ...

easy exsample to exspain:

say i wanted a funky house night ( i already know what music n venue )

id call the night chuber chops or something like that ,.. grab there logo

and change ..

people know what the sign is so its noticable -

go to wholesalers and invest in tubbs of lollies , offer them as freebees as there cheap but yet ppl love something for nothing ,...

=====================================

hay i didnt work for "home" leisure square promotion team nor creation brighton for nothing ...... lol .....

goodluck

Okay, let me explain.

We both used to work at the local club and have left due to the owner being a cock. The place is falling apart, nobody goes there anymore, the nearest competitor is 25 miles away.

Due to lack of competition and therefore choice, the club we both used to work at HAD to offer a variety of styles. They get requests for rock, house, garage, dnb, hard house, hardcore, cheese - EVERYTHING! Therefore, until we get more of a following, themed nights (music-wise) are out of the question. In fact, due to lack of compeition, themed nights in general are not needed. We're in the wild west - rural Wales! A 'busy' night will draw in 100-200 people. We need to offer a broad range of good and familiar music, without focussing too much on one thing that might put people off.

Hope that helps in some way?

Mr G

Old Cunt From 19 Longtime
VIP Junglist
We need to offer a broad range of good and familiar music, without focussing too much on one thing that might put people off.

Call it.....'In The Mix'...

Simple name but you will be mixing up all genres through the night won't ya.

Or seeing as your rural 'Mix In The Stix'......i'll shut up now :rinsed:

BeyondTherapy

VIP Junglist
Okay, let me explain.

We both used to work at the local club and have left due to the owner being a cock. The place is falling apart, nobody goes there anymore, the nearest competitor is 25 miles away.

Due to lack of competition and therefore choice, the club we both used to work at HAD to offer a variety of styles. They get requests for rock, house, garage, dnb, hard house, hardcore, cheese - EVERYTHING! Therefore, until we get more of a following, themed nights (music-wise) are out of the question. In fact, due to lack of compeition, themed nights in general are not needed. We're in the wild west - rural Wales! A 'busy' night will draw in 100-200 people. We need to offer a broad range of good and familiar music, without focussing too much on one thing that might put people off.

sorry my background is in the city and not back country ?

well call it something that reflects where u come from .......

call it "rural" .... as u stated ..... or go a comidy root and call it
something stupid like "park your tractor" have a flyer of a tractor
or "bobs your uncle" reflecting on country folk are inbreds ... :lol:

200 max dam ........ !!! i was used to having to come up with ideas for 2000-3000 max ... sorry if i cant help u ... :wave: