Even The Pros Do It...

That isn't TOO horrible. What's that voice at the end saying 'OK. You something something...'? Haha

mate every1 fucks up sometimes why do ya think Andy C don't wanna be on any cd packs? just in case he's pulled a clanger... but to be honest its usually down to poor monitors or the decks not being floated resulting in skippy needles etc most of the time its just poor setup or system..

mate every1 fucks up sometimes why do ya think Andy C don't wanna be on any cd packs? just in case he's pulled a clanger... but to be honest its usually down to poor monitors or the decks not being floated resulting in skippy needles etc most of the time its just poor setup or system..

Yeah, I saw Nu:tone and Marcus Intalex a while back, and this happened a couple of times in a row, they'd cue up a tune, mix it in perfectly locked, then after a couple of bars it would suddenly clang all over the shop. Just jumpy needles, nothing they could do, had to get someone over to change a couple of things

yeah i know, first time I've heard anything bad from baron in a mix

Jumpy needles from the crowd jumping up and down or someone knocking the decks or a dubplate that has been played to much is a right shitter and is always gonna happen, the really bad thing is when the "pots and pans" come out because the dj has not spent enough time cuein' it up, I remember seeing a a-list dj at a Desire party (circa 1996) clang a right treat for like 60 secs and they did not even realize, I remember even looking at the mc's faces as they thought when is he gonna realize!!! Well embarassing..
(Especially when the dj was known to mix and blend, wink wink)

Last edited:
I remember seeing a a-list dj at a Desire party (circa 1996) clang a right treat for like 60 secs and they did not even realize, I remeber even looking at the mc's faces as they thought when is he gonna realize!!! Well embarassing..
(Especially when the dj was known to mix and blend, wink wink)

I wasn't going to mention Baron by name but seeing as the MC says it during the extract, it would have been hard to disguise his identity

NEVER touch the platter after cueing, so it's his fault :)

Last edited:
NEVER touch the platter after cueing, so it's his fault :)

Isn't it just the needles skipping on the deck with disco dodo? Then he's queuing up artisan and trying to keep up with the skipping (but failing miserably).

Last edited:
If you have a trained ear you will hear slight fuck-ups in any set with vinyl... Its impossible to get it bang on all the time.

A good dj will correct it before most can hear it... a shit one like TC will fuck up

Isn't it just the needles skipping on the deck with disco dodo? Then he's queuing up artisan and trying to keep up with the skipping.

Sounded like the pitch was going all over the place on Disco Dodo to me :rolleyes:

How the fuck is it his fault?
The tune was all over the place, i can't really see anyone doing better out of that situation to be honest.
Say what you like about TC's mixing, but the footage of him in that video is not his fault at all.

First off I don't think its a great mix... but that's opinion.

Its a bit of both to be honest. If you listen he shouldn't be adjusting the pitch on disco dodo as much as he is... and he definately is playing around with it a bit.

The needle jumped and he seemed to save it alright...

Back
Top Bottom