Evasion - Substance

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by EvezDroppin, Mar 7, 2016.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

HI guys..

This isn't completely finished yet need to give it a final mixdown as well as adding some vocal layers etc.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-evasion-evo/evasion-substance-draft/s-69wbl

Tried fixing the link

Please feel free to pick apart any slight thing you think sounds off.. I wanna get this one just right :)

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

link doesn't work

3. EvezDroppin

It should, just copy it and past into your browser :)

4. Phonik

Phonik New Member

Coooool vibes man. I feel the snare dips at some point and gets a tad masked behind some of the elements at times, and the vocals need to be much louder! Having a pretty hard time picking this one apart though dude, nice flow

5. Phonik

Phonik New Member

Also man if you're wanting this mastered I'll happily do it for free - I have an exam in mastering coming up and need the practice!

6. EvezDroppin

big up man :) I need to give it a final mixdown and bounce out the single elements with compressors running... I find a lot of time this solves them ducking out... that combined with some subtle sidechaining anyway :)

When is your exam? Aslong as it isn't posted online and used internally for your course I have no problem with that.. cheers!

7. Phonik

Phonik New Member

Ahh that's a good idea for that little bit more clarity, good shout man need to remember that one!

My exam isn't for another month or so! Yeah for sure dude I ain't gonna steal your tunes :) You got a dl link?

8. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

good track, nice vibes !! (y)

9. arch

arch New Member

This is really great, love the shuffle on the drums, and the vibe is perfect. That vocal.... <3 Great tune!

EDIT: I would like to hear some more layer change-ups on the perc/shakers, or maybe just more edits on the drums in general just to spice it up. I don't think much else needs changing though, and the mix sounds great, only thing is the low mids on that bass are super wide, and kind of don't gel as well with the rest of the track maybe? I dunno might just be the reverb on it? Anyways, really dope song \m/

10. EvezDroppin

Yeah I didn't expect you to Phonik just making sure as when it's finished I'll be sending it to some labels :) EDIT: let me finish the tune should be done in the next week or two.. I'll hit you up

thanks masch, keep up the good work checking pretty much every tune on here haha.

Yeah I agree with you arch, I'm going to go through and add variation in percs fx etc.. all those bits that keep it rolling! I'll look into that... I might change it from a big reverb to a smaller one and keep it a bit tighter asgenerally I make evetything below 300 mono.

Thanks for the feedback everyone... I got what I need :)