Evasion- Payback Time (jump up/ drumstep) Feedback appreciated!

Once it drops I can hardly hear the kick drum at all, it needs to be cleverly EQ'd so it cuts through your bass, alternatively use some sidechaining to help it. I'd also maybe at a little delay and reverb onto that vocal, sounds way too dry right now.

Good job though mate, the bass is hench

pretty much what fletch says
bass is cool

ive used that sample in 2 tunes aswell.lol

pretty much what fletch says
bass is cool

ive used that sample in 2 tunes aswell.lol

Oooh... When i watched the movie i was like: This is a sample i can use for tracks and no one knows it. Now I've heard it in a hardstyle track also...

But tnx for the feedback you and fletch, i'll work on it!

Once it drops I can hardly hear the kick drum at all, it needs to be cleverly EQ'd so it cuts through your bass, alternatively use some sidechaining to help it. I'd also maybe at a little delay and reverb onto that vocal, sounds way too dry right now.

Good job though mate, the bass is hench

Hmm the sub is sidechained to the kick atm. I'll try to sidechain it better. And what do you mean with 'so it cuts through your bass'?

grtz

Yeah first thing is to sort out the kick. Don't forget to leave some high end on it, the snap or presence. Or layer something snappy over top...

Hmm the sub is sidechained to the kick atm. I'll try to sidechain it better. And what do you mean with 'so it cuts through your bass'?

grtz

Sorry for the late reply lol

Yeah, basically put a spectral analyzer on your kick drum channel and find out where it's peaking (Usually around 90 - 130hz) put a small, sharp boost in that area, no more than a couple db. Then go to your bass channel, and notch out those same frequencies from your bass. This way, your bass isnt using any of the frequencies that your kick needs to punch through the bass

Sorry for the late reply lol

Yeah, basically put a spectral analyzer on your kick drum channel and find out where it's peaking (Usually around 90 - 130hz) put a small, sharp boost in that area, no more than a couple db. Then go to your bass channel, and notch out those same frequencies from your bass. This way, your bass isnt using any of the frequencies that your kick needs to punch through the bass

sorry Mr Fletch, but I gotta REFUSE this, cause that won't give the needed presence to the kick, it will actually make the low freq come up and still not much noticeable presence for DAT KIK.
presence is usually in the highs, you may layer a high passed kick with more attack on top of this or just getting the attack, you can also EQ the one you have by adding more highs. Try out and train your ears to get a kick you like! :)

Back
Top Bottom