Evasion- Move on (dancefloor dnb) how to fill the track :(?

I can't listen as of this moment. But, I'll share some tips.

If it's weakening the bass, are you sure your mixing is correct?

The sub may be boring, try a little movement! LFO that shit, put a chorus on - but be gentle, you don't want a sub going WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBW, or else it just takes the excitement out of the synth.

Sidechain the synth 4 steps.

I always find that too much melody in the drop is never good. A nice pluck, piano, with a chorus (make sure the mids and low ends aren't clashing with the bass)

If that takes the excitement out of your intro, then just do copy the chorus, and chuck it on a different channel - one for the intro, one for the drop.

I had the problem too, so I added a kinda of buzzy, uplifting lead with the synth, also sidechained aswell, but it still gives it some more wow.

Fill your hats up more? Just some delay and reverb can fix that right up, give them some clarity too.

FX downlifters, etc. They can add a treat too, if you're lazy like me and just use white noise to fill that empty space :teeth:

Percussion? Nuff said.

Maybe try a new drop, don't go by routine, mix it up.

I used to do the same routine by genre - until I figured I'd do my usual effort of a track - then go back, shorten it, cut out some parts even if they took me awhile to make. Sacrifice can mean a lot in a track. You might like it, but some people mighten.

That's really all I can do atm off of nothing, lol

Track sounds good so far. About the main part you mentioned, try adding something minor and atmospheric, maybe some sfx in the background (this is something I struggle with too). If you are using massive, the noise filter can add another dimension to pretty much any patch. If something is robbing your bass then you need to high pass it or make sure your sub is low passed. It could be that simple considering not much else is going on except your drums and the bass. The bass sounds like it has a small amount of reverb, delay, or dimnsional expander on it which could also be taking up more space in the spectrum. Track sounds pretty tight otherwise.

Track sounds good so far. About the main part you mentioned, try adding something minor and atmospheric, maybe some sfx in the background (this is something I struggle with too). If you are using massive, the noise filter can add another dimension to pretty much any patch. If something is robbing your bass then you need to high pass it or make sure your sub is low passed. It could be that simple considering not much else is going on except your drums and the bass. The bass sounds like it has a small amount of reverb, delay, or dimnsional expander on it which could also be taking up more space in the spectrum. Track sounds pretty tight otherwise.

Tnx for the tips man! I'll certainly checkout that noise filter. And good remarked, i used a reeverb with predelay on it, so when there are no notes playing you still can hear a small amount of the bassline...

So if i decrease the amount of the reeverb the bass will increase in power you mean :)??

cheers :)

Yeah, reverb kills low end bass as far as I know. You could maybe split the track into two or three; one being for the low end and the other(s) for the mid and high end. I'm not well versed in frequency splitting but I know that's one way to add effects without having to touch your low end.

Yeah, reverb kills low end bass as far as I know. You could maybe split the track into two or three; one being for the low end and the other(s) for the mid and high end. I'm not well versed in frequency splitting but I know that's one way to add effects without having to touch your low end.

This splitting the bass up and adding slight new dynamics to each frequency range can really fatten up the sound.

Back
Top Bottom