Evasion- Girltalk [liquid] feedback!

Sounds like a Hopsital release to me ha, Only thing I did not really like was the snare it sounds a bit too flat (Maybe layer it) and add a break under the drums then it will be just right :P

Really not fond on the vocal at all mate.

Piano is a little trebley, think you need a better patch/instrument/unit, whatever you're using for it and drop it an octave, or add some lower notes...sounds very FL Studio, sorta thing. The whole thing is pretty overcompressed too - compression won't make your track sound good unless everything's in the right place and hitting the right frequencies to start with. Work on the mix a little more...

At 2 mins, I would just play the chords with the piano sound, and have the higher riff on another sound completely. Give it some dimension, rather than being one instrument that's confusing itself.

That said though, I think this has got massive potential...you've obviously got a good grip on melodies and most of it sounds pretty top notch, certain elements of it sound ace and it would go down really well dropped a party I reakon.

If you're gonna play it out, I'd get it sounding cleaner and punchier before you do - PA speakers are going to make the mix sound awful, and I'm speaking from experience here. You want your kick and snare thumping, and everything well balanced. There's a lot going on in the high spectrum, which I've done myself in the past to try and fill the gap and give it that commercial sound. Don't try and put in what's not there with EQ - add another drum instead that fills that band. A ride cymbal well in the distance would really fill this track up.

Anyway, hope I'm not coming across too arsey here, because it's got great potential, just trying to give some genuine feedback! Hope it goes down well chaps.

Really not fond on the vocal at all mate.

Piano is a little trebley, think you need a better patch/instrument/unit, whatever you're using for it and drop it an octave, or add some lower notes...sounds very FL Studio, sorta thing. The whole thing is pretty overcompressed too - compression won't make your track sound good unless everything's in the right place and hitting the right frequencies to start with. Work on the mix a little more...

At 2 mins, I would just play the chords with the piano sound, and have the higher riff on another sound completely. Give it some dimension, rather than being one instrument that's confusing itself.

That said though, I think this has got massive potential...you've obviously got a good grip on melodies and most of it sounds pretty top notch, certain elements of it sound ace and it would go down really well dropped a party I reakon.

If you're gonna play it out, I'd get it sounding cleaner and punchier before you do - PA speakers are going to make the mix sound awful, and I'm speaking from experience here. You want your kick and snare thumping, and everything well balanced. There's a lot going on in the high spectrum, which I've done myself in the past to try and fill the gap and give it that commercial sound. Don't try and put in what's not there with EQ - add another drum instead that fills that band. A ride cymbal well in the distance would really fill this track up.

Anyway, hope I'm not coming across too arsey here, because it's got great potential, just trying to give some genuine feedback! Hope it goes down well chaps.

Cheers guys i'll work on it

anyone else who likes to talk about this :p??

great vibes man! mixdown is pretty good, drums nice and punchy, a little flat in the midrange, mayb give the bass a little nudge 800/1000hz or sumthin for extra growl, nice work tho man!

Back
Top Bottom