Evasion - deep track, needing direction

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by EvezDroppin, May 13, 2013.

1. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

Ez guys, as the title says been working on this for a little while and struggling with it a bit, have had some feedback on soundcloud to beef up the atmosphere which I think is needed.
    ANything else would be helpful? thanks

2. whiterob81

whiterob81 Member

I think it sounds deadly, the only difference I'd make is that I'd have a nice harmonising counter melody going over your loop at the start. I think the loop isn't strong enough on it's own. I also think that the warpy synth that you have coming in from the 22s mark should be louder, more distorted and just generally nastier. Overall though, it sounds really good

EvezDroppin likes this.
  3. EvezDroppin

thanks man, definately going to look into those points, giving me a nice bit of encouragement there too, had almost lost hope in it, nice one

4. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

love the way you volume automate the bass, sounds dope. very interesting drum programming, and mixed in your trademark punchy fashion. some big washy, reverbed sounds coming in and out towards ends of bars (maybe a vocal lick) could give it that extra depth perhaps

5. EvezDroppin

thanks hugh :)
    yeah it just needs a lot of filling out im glad people are feeling it so far though means I can press on with that now :)

6. whiterob81

whiterob81 Member

Looking forward to hearing how this turns out

7. Street Deacon

Street Deacon Member

I'm digging the sound thus far it is a deep tune with potential. On an as is note, I think the drums and bass are solid but the piano could use a tad more volume. For a suggestion to increase the atmosphere you can try adding some pads that just ride changing pitch at given intervals and adding cuts in them for nuances. To take it a step further add another pad that comes in every so often that is a different style pad altogether or if it's the same pad-- much different pitch than the ones driving the atmosphere. Don't give up on the tune, it's gonna be sick with just a little more layering.

8. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

I'll just say: niiiiiiiiice!! :)) maybe the subbass is a bit high in the mix. Anyway this sounds oldschool-neat as phatuck!