evasion - back in (small clip - first track made with studio one)

The hats in the intro seem a little too electronic for my liking.
The pads, however are beautiful! :)

At the drop you might wanna check your synth again, and try to beef it up a bit, cuz it sounds a bit like a Mario game right now :s you can easily resolve this by adding some effects and EQing away some lesser important frequencies.

Have fun and good luck on the tune!
Q

thanks nucloid iv got one one sine layer for the sub fairly unmodulated...

have eq'd the highs and lows out for one for the mids, wasnt sure what effect to have on the mids..

one just with the highs in... with chorus and reverb/phaser on...

any ideas?

thanks evasionbe, i have been on here for quite a long time man not sure how long u have been, your always going to get someone with the same name, maybe ill change it? im not arsed tbh mate

thanks nucloid iv got one one sine layer for the sub fairly unmodulated...

have eq'd the highs and lows out for one for the mids, wasnt sure what effect to have on the mids..

one just with the highs in... with chorus and reverb/phaser on...

any ideas?

thanks evasionbe, i have been on here for quite a long time man not sure how long u have been, your always going to get someone with the same name, maybe ill change it? im not arsed tbh mate

Well if I were you I'd add some distortion and bring up the shift just a little bit. This will make the sound a lot harsher suddenly, but that is obviously not what you want. So after you do this, check for fuzzy frequencies and overtones and cut those. Now the sound will have its edge and strenght, without blasting away your speakers. After this it's always nice to add a little reverb, this will make the sound sit a little deeper in the mix, so that it does not overwhelm other sounds.

You can also do a similar thing for the subbass. Just a little distortion and reverb and maybe not simply a sine, but a combination of a sine and a square.

Oh and you guys made me smile about the name ^^
Enjoy! ;)

guaranteed that evezdroppin has been evasion a lot longer than you have brother! why nobody looks up names before they choose them, i dont know. maybe one of you can be evasion UK. :D hehe,

anyways, really liking the second version posted much moar! and big rumbling bassline oh yeah :D

hahah cheers lucid but dont fuel the evasion fire too much!

thanks man, iv mixing this on phones so far gna get it on monitors tonight and sort mixdown.... havnt got any decent amens as wavs tho need some decent amen breaks to fill up the percussion, best get searchin!

thanks guys so far ill leave u be now till the finished version

drums sound like they need a bit of beefing up hats sound a tad tinny
bass is cool but maybe could sound deeper if u know what i mean??
would like to here a bit more to get an overall idea of the track
but pretty good start man

Back
Top Bottom