Essential VSTs Recomendations

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Basically, I'm going to buy either Ableton Live or Cubase, because I currently use Reason, and it's really tedius not being able to edit audio in the sequencer, or use VSTs.

And as Live & Cubase both support VSTs, I was searching through hundreds of different plug-in reviews and getting nowhere. I know there's loads of threads about VSTs on here, but what are the real essentials?

Massive is already at the top of the list. Anyone got any others?

Cheers

Kontakt is the daddy of all samplers, get the waves bundles as well, some nice eq / compression plugs in there etc ;)

Only get Waves if you find your bank account is too full. I'd go for z3ta+ instead of massive. You get 3 more oscillators and you can load more than 4 of them without your computer dying. Other than that my other 'go to' plugs are ohmicide and sugarbytes WOW.

one more vote for Ohmicide. it sounds great, and its incredibly flexible. apart from distortion, ive been using it as a compressor and filter as well. love it.

also im in love with Albino. 4 osc per layer, and up to 8 layers. Filters to die for, and great modulation matrix. Not too keen on its envelopes tbh, but thats just because ive been spoiled by the meters of massive.

Cheers for the help, I'll look at all the ones you've mentioned. and try out some free plugins before spending 200 quid on massive, but the 33gb kontakt does look nice.

For instruments: Native

It has to be Kontakt, Battery, Massive, Imposcar, Albino

For effects: Native

Look at the Sony Oxford bundle and Waves bundle.

For DSP

Virus TI and UAD plugins!

It helps to use the right tools. So play around with a few to see
which one suits your way of working!

ez

id say z3ta+ is pretty much amazing. native instruments is awesome. theres another one called Cakewalk Rapture. i cant find it for the mac tho and that sucks. i cant really think of anything else right now :D

Back
Top Bottom