Essential Calibre?

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
Similar to my essential dBridge topic... the only calibre vinyl i've got is Thoughtless/Trip It and I love it so i'm looking to buy more.

Quite frankly the amount of tunes on his discogs page intimidates me so I was just wondering what everyones favorite Calibre tunes are?

u must know Mr Majestic feat. High Contrast - that'll never stop being one of my favourite dnb tunes

"mr. maverick"/"highlander" - such a heavy release, both sides are fire. "drop it down" of course, and it further agreement with scotty, "fire and water". "second sun" also. "mr majestic". i could go on forever. "is it u" as well and his remix of badmarsh and shri "signs"

A few of my personal favs other than most of the others mentioned...

Such an incredibly versatile producer. Up there with the best for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overreaction is a sick tune.

Also check out his latest release, Judgement Day EP on Red Seal i think. 'Don't Want Your Love' is amazing

drop it down
two drop
over reaction
all the days
in denial
steptoe

also his dominick matrin stuff is top notch

I keep forgetting whether or not calibre has an album coming out soon. Someone enlighten me? (Again :teeth:)

Anyway, Why Time is cruelly overlooked and it's so sick

Venus & Mars
Hot Flush /w dBridge
What To Do In These Times
Take It Back
All of Musique Concrete

the only calibre vinyl i've got is Thoughtless/Trip It

:O :mrpanic:

you only have 1 vinyl of his ?? even tho he has been making fantastic beats for such a long time and is known as a king of liquid funk?? damn man.. you need some catching up..

just listen to his albums he has released man. im sure there will be loads of his stuff u will like. go onto youtube as well and look up calibre beats. there will be many in the related videos .. and just find the ones u feel.. hope that helps ;)

Last edited:
Can't believe no one's said "Oh Please" yet, one of my all time favourites :D

that is such a good call, oh please is in my top three calibre tune, when the piano kicks in on the drop it always sends a tingle down my spine..

another personnel favourate is this one

the whole overflow album s one of hte best dnb albums ever, that and second sun

Last edited by a moderator:
:O :mrpanic:

you only have 1 vinyl of his ?? even tho he has been making fantastic beats for such a long time and is known as a king of liquid funk?? damn man.. you need some catching up..

I know terrible isn't it... Only been collecting dnb for a couple of years and have tended to buy mainly new stuff but i'm constantly broadening my horizons, this forum helped me discover a lot of good stuff and I spend a lot of time browsing youtube videos and finding new mixes.

To all who have replied to this thread, cheers for all the suggestions, narrowed it down slightly which will come in handy next time i'm record shopping

Back
Top Bottom