Eskei - City Sun (liquid)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Eskei, May 3, 2013.

1. Eskei

Eskei Member

Easy all!

Getting on the summer vibe and trying to produce some liquid for the first time in about a year.

Any thoughts on this? Listening back to it now I think I need to change a few bits just to keep it interesting...

Any feedback is greatly appreciated as always!

Edit: Slightly improved version, with a few subtle changes and a more interesting bassline

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. Astem

Astem New Member

Amazing production value man! Love how different sounds you've got playing at the same time, it adds so much to the track. If I were to say anything to improve it, it would be to maybe change up the sub's pattern sometimes for variation. Great work!

3. lasiien

lasiien Meh

really nice vibes :) Bit more variation needed I think as it gets a bit similar, but well produced track, sweet :)

4. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

this is sick! nice chord progression and drum programming. if it were me i'd think about chucking a vocal in there and having a more obvious 'drop' (got to be careful with that word haha)....the way i'd do it is strip everything before bringing in a bigger, deeper bass and probably some extra percussion like a shaker.

5. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

6. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

I could also, like Hugh, hear a female vocal snippet in there somewhere. But this is totally pro man, brings back the early 90's acid jazz meets drum and bass. Very chilled, very listenable. The sub could have a bit of.....high end character, maybe.......is that even a thing...??? Maybe you know what I mean.:2thumbs:

7. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

Very nice track man, would love a copy

8. Eskei

Eskei Member

Cheers guys :)

I know what you mean about vocals, I'm not really sure how to go about finding acapellas though... What do you guys do?

Gonna work on the bass a bit more to keep it interesting, and I'll post an update at somepoint.

Thanks again chaps

9. Psychoholic

Psychoholic Quantum Cunt

Lovely tune but you know what would make it even better in my opinion, lose that synthesized bassline and let a live bass player play it. That would be lush.

10. Eskei

Eskei Member

Being a bassist, I'll give that a go when I get home!

11. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Really nice sound overall man. One thing I'd say, is that the main string/synth that runs through the hole track needs dropping at at a few points, as although you have added other variations, the reparativeness of that kinda caught my ear too much. But other than that it's a tune!