Drum & Bass Error - Technicity Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by DJError, Sep 13, 2013.

1. DJError

DJError AKA Error

Secret London warehouse event, the last one Survival & Krakota played and there is a huge headliner act for this one! Check the event page out here https://www.facebook.com/events/523518497715215/

1) Loxy & Isotone - Ancients (Skeptical Remix)
    2) Icicle - Minimal Funk (VIP)
    3) >>>Clarity - Tolerate
    4) Dub Phizix - Happy 5
    5) Stray - Saturday
    6) Detail - Green Rain
    7) Charli XCX - Youre The One (Dub Phizix Remix)
    8) Andy Pain & Z Connection - Dive Ruv
    9) Chimpo - Buzzin' (Ft. Dub Phizix & Skeptical)
    10) Clarity - Terminology
    11) Enei - Trainchaser
    12) Skeptical - Cold One (Jubei Remix)
    13) Icicle - Dreadnaught (ft SP MC)
    14) Detail & Tiiu - Days Go By
    15) Mortem - Malfunction
    16) Gerra and Stone - Tenfold
    17) Emperor - Contaminant (Digital Only Track)
    18) Break - Steam Train
    19) Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint
    20) Zero T & Ulterior Motive - Breach
    21) Dabs - Objection
    22) DLR, Hydro, Mako & Villem - The Formula
    23) Nitri - Survivors (Amoss Remix)
    24) Rido - Faith
    25) Phace & Noisia - MPD
    26) >>>Siren - Snorkel
    27) Ulterior Motive - Minesweeper
    28) Fields & Hydro & Mako & Villem - Celestine
    29) Survival - Hanout
    30) Gamma - I'm Sick
    31) >>>Disco Dodo (Original Mix)
    32) Hybris & Rido - First Contact
    33) Fourward - Sewer Run
    34) Stealth - Scrummage
    35) Hamilton - Fuck It Up
    36) Ed Rush & Optical - Chubrub
    37) Break - Music Is Better
    38) Kasra & Enei - So Real (Mefjus Remix)
    39) Survival - Didgy (Original Mix)
    40) Ulterior Motive - Lost Contact

2. DJError

DJError AKA Error

3. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

Ill take some of this me old china

4. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

listened to half and it was shit hot, will get round to the rest in short order.

5. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

Yeh same. Listen to half of it today and will finish the other half hopefully sometime soon this week

6. Afek_One

Afek_One Well-Known Member

Mix is sick. Never heard the Dive Ruv tune. Love it.

3 decks?

7. fuuz3r

fuuz3r KRISTJAN V

really enjoyed this mix.

8. The Watcha

Here we go......

Great choice starting with Ancients rmx. Love the elements of a Skeptical or Dub Phizix tune & the steppy bounce in that set the scene. Where did you get Minimal Funk vip from btw? Frictions Fabric mix? Sounds nice with Ancients rmx, even the little drum roll at the end of the bar between both tune. Tolerate (a personal fav of mine) snuck in under the radar and works wonders with Ancients rmx too. The double with the intro tune and the melody of Happy 5 strung together really well, as you might expect from producers who collaborate.

Already on the 5th tune in under 5 mins, and thoroughly enjoyed hearing Saturday again and with Happy 5. Those 2 really going well together. Must start playing Saturday again myself. Bad tune! Not sure what happened with Green Rain, but when it came in, it was out of alignment with You’re The One rmx. I think its 1 or 2 bars out, but the mix is in time. Bit of a strange one, with the ends of the 32 bars coming at different times. The chopping beats of Buzzin bounced a treat with Dive Ruv and didn’t have to wait long till Terminology eased its more laid back pulsing bass and dj friendly roll into the ride. Trainchaser initially bringing more original steppyness that Dive Ruv brought to the mix, before breaking to a more standard Enei beat that you would expect from him.

The beats in Trainchaser almost twisting up Cold One rmx to another level. Was in 2 minds about weather I liked the chopping up of the single note hooks from Dreadnaught back to Cold One rmx when it was coming in, but it did work from the drop. A nice find right there. Teasing with Days Go By before the breakdown in Dreadweight….. and a wicked mix when that dropped, complimenting each other with the tunes, but for the vocals clashing in there. Tenfold – Contaminant – Steam Train began getting really technical, making the relentless rolling beats of Contaminant threading themselves in and out of Steam Train. Got the basslines / hooks talking to each other again with Underprint – Breach – Objection. Little crunchy with Faith – MPD but that’s understandable with the no beat breakdown of Faith and not much beat to go on with the intro of MPD. MPD – Snorkel tease was a wicked blend with both tunes talking to each other.

Really like the I’m Sick – Disco Dodo blend. The bouncy coarse beat of I’m Sick with the ever punchy mix weapon that is Disco Dodo. Also not heard Disco Dodo in a while. Possibly my least favourite off that EP, First Contact still sat in the groove of I’m Sick pushing out some aggressive bass when it was doing its thing. First members mix I have heard Sewer Run and it sat well where it was in the mix. I liked the way you reigned in First Contact a bit to let Sewer Run scream let its hooks out in the mix. Not a huge fan of Scrummage, but that and Sewer Run were both talking to one another in there.

Enjoyed hearing the melodies of Music Is Better peeking through Chubrub, even though I’m not a huge fan of that Break tune, the double was wicked, using the attributes from both tunes to great effect, then for the vocal in So Real rmx and rumbly bass notes to ease in in due course. Break in So Real rmx, for the epic build up of Didgy to begin escalating. So Real rmx back in for the double. Both tunes winding in and out of each other with their bass lines. Lost Contact made for another choice double of somewhat epic portion. Not overly taken by either of the last two tunes after hearing them out, but sound like they do the job when one is sat on the other’s lap.

A few little tweaks in there and the ‘in time but out of alignment’ thing, but on the whole a wicked mix and some very interesting 3 deck (or possibly 4 deck) wizardry in there. Plus 40 tunes in 59 mins is pretty special. A very solid ride and mix, selection wise also.

Would be cool if you could check my Beats & Bass 5 mix and jot some thoughts if you like the tracklist, or if that’s not your cup of tea, hold to Christmas and jot some feedback on something special that I am going to drop around then ;)

DJError likes this.
  9. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

track list looks decent, will give this a download tonight

10. DJError

DJError AKA Error

@The Watcha - Thanks a lot for that feedback mate! really appreciated. Im not sure what you mean about the detail tune though! The intro of green rain is 64 bars *3 and the dub phizix tune is 64 bars *2, i put the dub phizix tune in after the first phrase. If you also listen out further into the tune after the green rain amen break both tunes start their phrases again at the same time.

Yeah that Minimal Funk VIP is from the fabric live! there are a few other full tracks available from that album too. And yeah mate i will definitely check out your mix, looks a bit different to what i'd usually play so it'll be good to listen to tracks I havnt heard before! big up!

@afek - Yeah 3 decks mate! Two technics and a CDJ

@bn14, jwood & fuzz3r - Thanks a lot for checking it out!

- - - Updated - - -

cheers bro ;)

11. The Watcha

No worries man.

The drum roll in Green Rain at 6:31 in your mix is just before the main drop of that tune, and should be before the first vocal after the drop of Youre The One rmx.
    The drop of Green Rain is at 6:33/6:34 in the mix, and is out of alignment with the drop of Youre The One rmx (which drops at 6:31) as you were going for the double drop, they should both drop at 6:31, but it is beatmatched.

Green Rain drops at 0.33 in the player below, not 0:31 where the waveform gets massive. Hope this helps

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  12. DJError

DJError AKA Error

ohhh right, i take 0.31 as the drop! If you play a tune with a 64 bar*2 intro and drop it after 64 bars on green rain thats where it drops (at 0.31 secs on that clip) so thats what ive been taking as the drop!

13. Afek_One

Isn't there something strange going on with Green Rain, like the fill comes on the 1 and not the 4? I'll have to check it out again, but I remember something funny going on with it. I've only had success using it as a bridge tune to go from minimal to 2 step.

I can't go into detail right now. The mix has a nice pace. The only part that lost me was the Days Go By, Cold one, Deadnaught section. The vocal clashes were distracting and Days Go By needs more room to breathe. Other than that, outstanding mix.

14. The Watcha

Can someone else please clear up the issue of at what moment Green Rain drops on the tune below?

15. wingz

wingz everyones fav austrian

31 secs no?

16. Afek_One

I didn't listen, but I swear the fill is on the 1, so that would be the drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Iirc, I actually stopped mixing it because of how strange it sounded in the mix.

17. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

big mix man, loved the selection and thought all the tracks blended in nicly with each other, best blends had to be Charli XCX - Youre The One (Dub Phizix Remix) > Andy Pain & Z Connection - Dive Ruv, haven't heard these tunes before but thought they went in really well with each other or Detail & Tiiu - Days Go By > Mortem - Malfunction, that just sounded banging haha

18. DJError

DJError AKA Error

wicked mate, glad you liked it! yeeh that dive ruv tune is sickkk

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a lot for the feedback and for checking it out mate ;)

19. DJError

DJError AKA Error

thats what it seems like to me!

20. DJError

DJError AKA Error