Eras of DnB

DankerThanDanson

Retired pitcher
VIP Junglist
Do you feel like DnB has distinct eras?

I know the genre was referred to as jungle up to a point, and if you play DnB around older heads, they will refer to the music as jungle.

So, what eras of DnB were your favorite? Either for spinning, dancing, raving, or just home listening.

You have the jungle era:

Goldie
Andy C
LTJ Bukem
Dj Zinc

Then would you separate these artists into an intermediate era, or just a different dance scene as the classic UK Jungle scene?

AK1200
Dj Dara
Dieselboy

And now with the emergent artists of the genre, you have a conglomerate of sounds, themes and teases, in DnB ranging from Garage, House, and Hip Hop.

Alix Perez
DC Breaks
Brookes Brothers

How have you watched the genre grow, perhaps as you've grown yourself? I know I left a ton of important artists and songs out of that roughshod post. I also know this is going to be a messy topic, as people turn into self-righteous dicks about what was classic, what was not, and they generally get combative about labels and genre placement. All of my post was just off the top of my head, and I'd appreciate any insight into your experience with the genre.

Goldie is forever!!
And music does not stay in place and there will always be something new and that's fine. Otherwise, the genre would no longer be there.

Do you feel like DnB has distinct eras?

I know the genre was referred to as jungle up to a point, and if you play DnB around older heads, they will refer to the music as jungle.

So, what eras of DnB were your favorite? Either for spinning, dancing, raving, or just home listening.

You have the jungle era:

Goldie
Andy C
LTJ Bukem
Dj Zinc

Then would you separate these artists into an intermediate era, or just a different dance scene as the classic UK Jungle scene?

AK1200
Dj Dara
Dieselboy

And now with the emergent artists of the genre, you have a conglomerate of sounds, themes and teases, in DnB ranging from Garage, House, and Hip Hop.

Alix Perez
DC Breaks
Brookes Brothers

How have you watched the genre grow, perhaps as you've grown yourself? I know I left a ton of important artists and songs out of that roughshod post. I also know this is going to be a messy topic, as people turn into self-righteous dicks about what was classic, what was not, and they generally get combative about labels and genre placement. All of my post was just off the top of my head, and I'd appreciate any insight into your experience with the genre.

Nope

You ever take off your pants in front of girl for the first time and she goes, "awwww it's so cute!" Like she is talking to a puppy. It definitely did not happen to me last night. But if it did, what does that mean? @DeeGun

1998 what a time to dnb.

Do you know ive never really put Zinc in the jungle era. Sure he made super sharp shooter and put out some good jungle sets but he will always be from the garage days to me.

1998 what a time to dnb.

Do you know ive never really put Zinc in the jungle era. Sure he made super sharp shooter and put out some good jungle sets but he will always be from the garage days to me.

In your view Zinc has more in common with say..Zed Bias than Goldie?

Back
Top Bottom