equipment help

deepak12k

hi,
ive started to use use my decks at home a little, and was just wondering if anyone knew the name of the equipement, upon which i could put sounds and then play over the vinyls while mixing them on the decks. E.g the horn sound westwood is known to play on his show :pimp: could i get a piece of equipment i can download samples on and then play using a mixer and two decks? This is as my mixer isnt too good and i dont really have any effects while mixing. Just a thought :miss_rep:
Hope im making sense.
Thanks!

Sorry if im asking real stupid questions now, im a total im a total noob right now. Um , i was wondering, im not sure my decks would work on the laptop, i own some newmarks, pretty bassic TT's. I would like something as in a "sampler"? Would this mean i could download samples from the net onto the device and then play them while on the decks? I have a veery small budget of around £100 or less, no job and a dedicated skater :-/
Thanks!

Guess this would be what you're after, don't know if you can download sounds onto it but it comes with loads anyway... £99

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR218492

index.php

You can't download samples into the Kaoss pad. Its cool though.

A hardware sampler will cost you a lot.

You can instead connect a laptop up to an input channel and add sounds using it and a very cheap midi keyboard.

Sorry if im asking real stupid questions now, im a total im a total noob right now. Um , i was wondering, im not sure my decks would work on the laptop, i own some newmarks, pretty bassic TT's. I would like something as in a "sampler"? Would this mean i could download samples from the net onto the device and then play them while on the decks? I have a veery small budget of around £100 or less, no job and a dedicated skater :-/
Thanks!

yeah you can use a laptop, plug a cable from the headphone port of the laptop into a line input on your mixer

works alot better if you have more than two channels tho!!

the sp-303 is a great piece of kit, but its bit expensive if ya just want to play a few effects of your mixes

you really dont need anything fancy at all, just a laptop or pc, a cheap jack to rca lead and some basic software

you dont even need a midi keyboard, alot of software lets you trigger midi with ur computer keyboard

Back
Top Bottom