Equipment - Gettin Started

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by ArguS, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ArguS

ArguS Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Anyone got any ideas on what kind of equipment to buy to get started? All of my shit is broken so i need everythin.. Decks, mixer all the wires etc.. Would be nice if i could record to mp3 but not essential.. Cheaper the better! I really don't know where to start looking so id be hugely grateful if someone could help me out!
    Nice one people

2. Riisu

Riisu Not the Preacher Man

go to argos*

3. KEMZ

KEMZ Blatant Royal Status

for DJ gear you can get nearly everything @ htfr.com or chemical-records.com, and stereo equipment like amps ect & studio stuff. thats where i tend to shop alot as they have all the stuff i want from software to records to accessories to hardware ect

htf to pretty good & competative DJ packages if thats what your after, for all budgets and skill levels

decks.co.uk aint too bad, ive bought a few things but every big purchase ive made, they've called me and told me its out of stock (nice to be called tho:) and tried to flog me an alternative

4. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Right... heres some sounds advice...

dont goto htfr.com.... there stuff is a little over priced....

try.... www.westenddj.co.uk <--- very good!!

i would recommend the Numark TT1650 as a beginners deck..... then any mixer with a 3 Band EQ.... ie... the Gemini PS121X.....

all depends on how much you want to spend.... take a look at these threads... they are from people who have asked exactly the same question.....

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=61579

in fact just look throught this section of the forum.... http://dnbforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

5. KEMZ

KEMZ Blatant Royal Status

4got bout westend! htfr aint too bad on prices mate, like anything you wanna buy weather its a telly or an audio system, shop around and compare - I've seen things at good prices on htf compared with elsware.

all that adds up to £325.00.........get the same decks, different mixer as a package on htfr, (Numark dm950) with Headphones, carts, mats and leads for £249.00

looks like westend are overpriced in this respect