EQ in mix

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hi guys i need bit of help on EQ in mix. I don't need to spend much time pitch riding now, got lot better at that. I can turn my attention to EQin now. What's best way to EQ on next tune coming in? What happens when bassline comes in, should i turn down bass on other tune? What methods do you lot use? Do i mix in or bring out the tunes in stages (if you get what i mean)! Thanks for any info given :)

Yeah man, i usually have to bass down on the track i'm bringing in until it drops then usually a quick shift. But it depends on what tracks you're mixing in. You can play around with the mid and low together too, to slowly bring the mix in, usually mid first. Depending on the track, you can mess around with everything really, especially when double dropping i play with everything - xfader, low eq's, effects.
Went to a rave last night and one of the DJ's didn't have a clue about the low eq's.. so he had two basslines going at once and it sounded awful.

depends entirely on the tracks. whatever sounds good! but generally u want the mid and bass low whilst ur bringin it in.
out of interest, do u use the xader or the channel faders?
channel faders are much better for smoother mixes imo!

depends entirely on the tracks. whatever sounds good! but generally u want the mid and bass low whilst ur bringin it in.
out of interest, do u use the xader or the channel faders?
channel faders are much better for smoother mixes imo!

I move cross fader to middle. Set the channel fader 3 quarters of way down on incoming track. Working my way up adding bit bass and so on. If you get what i mean!

Atm I never mess around with the high and mid EQ, only the low (bass)

Whenever im double dropping, i bring a tune in without bass, and when it's about to drop, I quickly inverse the bass between both tracks.. and then sometime during the double drop i sometimes switch the bass around for that "special double track" effect :)

I only touch the treble for the right frequencies, rarely use the mid en almost never use the low

I turn the low down on the track I'm bringing in, and at the last bar I turn this one to 12 o' clock. I put the lows on the other track to 10 o' clock. This gives you the bassline of track 1 on the breaks of track 2.

Iv started using the mids alot more now, if iv double drop'd, for 8 bars i will have one mid at 2 oclock and one at 10 oclock, then for the next 8 bars i swap them both over.

When bringing the track out, iv found it easier to whack the bass to 2 oclock on the tune im switching to, that way when iv taken the other tune out, it dosent show the absent of it.

Sounds like most of you hardly touch your EQ's :confused: I'm always fiddling with mine, can switch drums around and play certain parts loder than others.

I'd say effective EQing of bass is the most important for dnb. But I still use the a mids and treble a lot for the drums and to make one track sit well with another in the mix till I've finished the mix and set everything around 12 o'clock (depending on the tune) while it plays alone.

I often have the bass set really low the mids rolled off a little and the treble rolled of a small amount as I bring a track in and then control the mix with my EQing rather than volume.

Atm I never mess around with the high and mid EQ, only the low (bass)

Whenever im double dropping, i bring a tune in without bass, and when it's about to drop, I quickly inverse the bass between both tracks.. and then sometime during the double drop i sometimes switch the bass around for that "special double track" effect :)
man if u can double drop after two weeks of mixing im gna chuck my decks out the window hahaha :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom