EQ Cuts

Haha. So If I want to cut some space in my bass for my kicks fundamental. Should I be completely removing said frequency or just a couple of dbs?

It's all relative, there's no set rules with this. If you're starting out id honestly recommend trying to find samples that naturally fit and sound cohesive without EQin all over the shop. I really try not to EQ at all now if possible. Check out Opticals Masterclass, explains this in detail (y) HTH

Hey man, try to worry less about what you should do and more about what you want to do and the tools you can use to do it.

As mentioned by some of the other fellas in this thread, there are always the options of sidechaining or selecting a better fitting kick in terms of frequency content, but if you can achieve what you're looking to by cutting/boosting content through EQ then go for it, use your ears to find the best balance and you'll start to develop a feel for it. That being said, the other suggestions are probably going to sound much better, so definitely give them a shot and learn the difference in how each process sounds.

Back
Top Bottom