Eq and layer processed samples

kieran t

I've started a new project
I've found a kick
Now looking for a low end snare
but every time I find the sound I want I've noticed that when looking on the frequency analyser the snares are hitting like +20 db difference in loudness (higher ) from the kick even when they both say 5.1 on the volume sliders. The snare really peaks higher and sticks out by far.
Why is this ? Is it the way it was recorded? Processed?
How to I get the kick and snare at a similar volume s?
Also why when you do subtractive eq sometimes the volume increases rapidly ? Is that pre processing to much now I can't touch it?
Thanks

By thee way the snares are vengeance packs I have a few other samples but only use vengeance mainly I need to buy much more samples

Last edited:
You'll find that all of the Vengeance snares are processed to buggery. Loads of EQ and FX applied. There are no 'dry' samples at all.

I think you'll find that the volume of the snare will usually peak higher than a kick drum in your standard 2 step DnB drum pattern.

You'll find that all of the Vengeance snares are processed to buggery. Loads of EQ and FX applied. There are no 'dry' samples at all.

I think you'll find that the volume of the snare will usually peak higher than a kick drum in your standard 2 step DnB drum pattern.

There's a pack called "Xfer" that comes with some unprocessed snares though. But they sound shite too.

You'll either need to turn the fader down on the snares, process the kicks louder, or use snares that match the loudness of the kick - which is what i would do.

Back
Top Bottom