EP's

ac

So we know Sub Focus and Original Sin have EP's lined up. Any others we should know about? Personally, I reckon Brookes Brothers should do one.

Maybe a silly question, but Imminent is the title or that it's imminent (definitely) to be released on Ram?

Er, Brookes Brothers have a whole album lined up on BBK. Also forthcoming are Fresh, Cyantific, and a couple others i can't remember off the top of my head.

hm there are a few things comin out
lynx & kemo album out in april (i think march promo)
alix perez operandi album (haven't heard any releasedate yet)
jakes ep (should be out in april)

is it me or arnt sub focus and the brookes brothers releasing LPs not EPs???

LP = Long Play
EP = Extended Play
SP = Short Play (not used anymore but its what we call now a 12")

While were on the subject, what is considered as an LP these days? C&S' LP on ram was only 2 vinyl's which is usually the size of an EP. The same for Danny Byrd's LP on hospital aswell as many many others.

I rekon (and i'm only assuming and guessing here) that an EP is a lone release. A single product thats is larger than a single but not as large as an LP and usually a double pack e.g. Machete Bass EP. (Sorry to use the cliche). Whereas with C&S for example, the LP was released as part of a string of single releases to coincide with the CD Album itself making it an LP.

So indeed, altho and EP used to be defined by it's size, it now has nothing to do with it???? tell me if i'm wrong.

LP = Long Play
EP = Extended Play

While were on the subject, what is considered as an LP these days? C&S' LP on ram was only 2 vinyl's which is usually the size of an EP. The same for Danny Byrd's LP on hospital aswell as many many others.

I rekon (and i'm only assuming and guessing here) that an EP is a lone release. A single product thats is larger than a single but not as large as an LP and usually a double pack e.g. Machete Bass EP. (Sorry to use the cliche). Whereas with C&S for example, the LP was released as part of a string of single releases to coincide with the CD Album itself making it an LP.

So indeed, altho and EP used to be defined by it's size, it now has nothing to do with it???? tell me if i'm wrong.

Your correct mate, but More than a lot is an EP, i've never heard anyone mention it as an LP

EP = 2 vinyls
LP = Around 3 or 4

If were talking LP's were talking about Break's Symmetry LP ( 4 vinyls) and so forth

And i've heard as well that sub focus and brookes brothers are releasing an LP, not an EP.. 8 songs, gogogo

LP = Long Play
EP = Extended Play

I thought more than alot was an EP, just an album sampler... Also I would say most Lp's have 3 vinyls in them, if not then they are cut at 33rpm an have shit loads of songs on one or two vinyls...

i would not specify ep or lp this
depends on how the artist is calling it,
i mean 10 vinyls won't be an ep,

but actually there are ep with more than
4 tunes (more than 2vinyls)

and the thing is that all the lps are not complete
the whole album is put on a cd because more
space, not as much weight ect.

like break's symmetry lp is also only a half of the
whole album

but defo subfocus anb bb will put out lps

i hope sigma releases an ep this year - hes producing banger after banger and i cant get enough!

also, imminent means soon, not definetely e.g - if an xample lp is "imminent" on ram it means its comin out soon not that its defo on ram.

i thought it was the length of all the tracks put together that decided what it classified under than the ammount of vinyls.

thats why some eps are just 1 vinyl. the 2 tracks on that vinyl were more than 10 mins put together or sumin.

Logistics should be hopefully. With Eastern Promise and Jungle Music and those other tunes that he has....:love:

Back
Top Bottom