Epic.

Textbook

BUTTER
VIP Junglist
Just wanting some advice on tune selection really..

got into mixing recently, not to familiar with tunes though.

can anyone give me some ideas on what sort of tunes i should check out?

im mostly into liquid, dont mind a bit of jump up, nothing to grimey though.

sort of tunes that are quite epic like blame's - stay forever kind of style.

anyone got any ideas for me?

anything appreciated.

Best idea is to jump on a website like dnbsource.com or imorecords.com and check out the dnb sections, have a listen to the previews and buy anything you like the sound of...

at the end of the day its all about finding your own style, its great to spin big tunes but its better to play something a bit different :)

Check out labels like Hospital, Soul:R, Good Lookin... That's the kinda stuff you're lookin for man...

Or maybe just say bollocks to it and go pick up some Dillinja :teeth:

you could also go and scour the mixes forum and see what other members have been mixing and submitting, most of them will have tracklistings so it will help you find a few... Once you find a few names you like its easier to find more new stuff.

True that. Im just not very good on artist/song names.

Will check out those sites though, cheers.

best thing to do is check out the member mixes/mixes section of this website.

you can listen to a lot of the big radio shows (hype, bailey, crissy criss etc) and get the names of forth comming tunes.

and also check out the members mixes, and find recent/older tunes that are on release.

it's helped me a lot in the past in finding the names out of tunes. so maybe it'd be an idea to check that out. then you get a better idea of the sort of artists you like, and how they work well together in mixes (y)

also, check out my july mix in my sig, it's got a pretty decent variation in there that you might dig ;)

you could also go and scour the mixes forum and see what other members have been mixing and submitting, most of them will have tracklistings so it will help you find a few... Once you find a few names you like its easier to find more new stuff.

jesus. that's twice today you've done that to me. maybe i should read the whole thread before posting next time.

Check out labels like Hospital, Soul:R, Good Lookin... That's the kinda stuff you're lookin for man...

Or maybe just say bollocks to it and go pick up some Dillinja :teeth:

or maybe not......

Dillija?? hmmmmm... not a fan.... if you want to think fuk it..... then id aim for Limewax..... true "FUK IT" music.....

best thing to do is check out the member mixes/mixes section of this website.

you can listen to a lot of the big radio shows (hype, bailey, crissy criss etc) and get the names of forth comming tunes.

and also check out the members mixes, and find recent/older tunes that are on release.

it's helped me a lot in the past in finding the names out of tunes. so maybe it'd be an idea to check that out. then you get a better idea of the sort of artists you like, and how they work well together in mixes (y)

also, check out my july mix in my sig, it's got a pretty decent variation in there that you might dig ;)

Cheers bud, ill check out your mix shortly. Just checking another one at the moment.

or maybe not......

Dillija?? hmmmmm... not a fan.... if you want to think fuk it..... then id aim for Limewax..... true "FUK IT" music.....

No those labels aren't my style either - just the ones that lots of liquid heads seem to be into...

How can you not be a fan of Dillinja? Everyone loves Dillinja, he's, y'know, Dillinja

Limewax is good too though!

ok sound, once the mix is recorded, just export as mp3?

sorry for all the questions ha.

Also, would it be a connection from mixer to laptop/PC or from the amp/sound system etc?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom