DnB EP on way

Like This: Really creative ideas here and great transitions. There is something missing from it though, it sounds kind of empty when the percussion kicks in - I think some more distortion in the bassline under the percussion could really help to fill out the spectrum around percussion!

Paranoid: Again, progresses really nicely and has a natural feel to the track. You could do with balancing your mix a tad as well and removing some of the low mids from your lead percussive sound to really let those subs breathe! This should also bring the snare to life a bit more as well by giving it some more space. Loving the wee LFO bass stabs, really sublime work on there man.

Most of my issues are down to personal preference rather than any problems with the track over all. I love punchy drums and Like This' snare isn't to my taste. Good work.

Realy loving them both, seriously good job. personally i would have brought some more elements in paranoid later to keep it interesting though but that's just me :p

I echo everyone's compliments about Paranoid, it's great! I'm not entirely sold on the snare sound on it though - it doesn't cut through enough I think. That might be personal preference because I like a quite bright sounding snare (for instance, completely different genre, but the snare on Deftones' My Own Summer is perfection as far as I'm concerned) but maybe a layering a little more could help. Ignore me though if you like it the way it is. Just a little more variation too just adding layers as it goes on. Obviously these are only clips so I can't see how they develop yet.

Back
Top Bottom