Drum & Bass EP on way

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by D-Jhepz, Sep 4, 2016.

1. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

A couple clips of what should be my new release.

would love to hear your thoughts, they are a heavy set pair...

Rebbo likes this.
  2. Rebbo

Rebbo New Member

Paranoid is really good!!!

D-Jhepz likes this.
  3. ChinPunch

ChinPunch New Member

Both exceptional. Wicked bounce, especially Paranoid. This is the sort of tune that would get me on the D-Floor. Good work!

D-Jhepz likes this.
  4. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

wasnt expecting that thanks guys :)

5. Misti

Misti Faunix Audio Mastering

Like This: Really creative ideas here and great transitions. There is something missing from it though, it sounds kind of empty when the percussion kicks in - I think some more distortion in the bassline under the percussion could really help to fill out the spectrum around percussion!

Paranoid: Again, progresses really nicely and has a natural feel to the track. You could do with balancing your mix a tad as well and removing some of the low mids from your lead percussive sound to really let those subs breathe! This should also bring the snare to life a bit more as well by giving it some more space. Loving the wee LFO bass stabs, really sublime work on there man.

6. TinnitusD&B

TinnitusD&B Member

Most of my issues are down to personal preference rather than any problems with the track over all. I love punchy drums and Like This' snare isn't to my taste. Good work.

D-Jhepz likes this.
  7. Morah

Morah Member

Realy loving them both, seriously good job. personally i would have brought some more elements in paranoid later to keep it interesting though but that's just me :p

8. ifanmusic

ifanmusic Member

I echo everyone's compliments about Paranoid, it's great! I'm not entirely sold on the snare sound on it though - it doesn't cut through enough I think. That might be personal preference because I like a quite bright sounding snare (for instance, completely different genre, but the snare on Deftones' My Own Summer is perfection as far as I'm concerned) but maybe a layering a little more could help. Ignore me though if you like it the way it is. Just a little more variation too just adding layers as it goes on. Obviously these are only clips so I can't see how they develop yet.

9. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

ur quite right... its an old track i revamped but stilll old production habits of mine were drizzled in laziness and heart hearted efforts... luckily things have change.