EP for the week of 12/14/03: Hi-Fi Power "Chill Out" Sound Man SMRS-2TR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
EP for the week of 12/14/03: Hi-Fi Power "Chill Out pt. 1+2" SMRS-2TR

*Mp3s no longer available*

While very sleepy and taking a break from wrapping up a project for my general education Geography class I thought I'd post the EP for the week. This week is yet another interesting yet largly unknown jungle tekno track from 1993. I picked this one up at Break Beat Science on the same day as the Rising High record I uploaded last week. Honestly I was never much of a fan of this record yet I always loved its bright rave stabs and deep sub bass. Recently I found out that Easygroove played this track in his 1993 set which is also featured in this archive and so as a result, I like this record even more then before.

Both sides feature the same track although one side is slightly different. The A side doesn't have much of a break beat and is pretty sparse. It also has breakdowns that drag on for way too long and it all gets pretty boring. Its a good tune to get in and out of with a quickness. The AA side on the other hand is much more excellent. Its got a nice breakbeat and just a much nicer pace overall. You can also tell from the recording that the AA side sounds a bit more worn, I wonder why...

Artist: Hi Fi Power
EP Title: Unknown
Track Ahttp://www.niceboots.com/~1992/MP3/Choons/SMRS-2TR/SMRS-2TR_Second_Movement_2_-_Track_A.mp3
Track AA
Label: Sound Man Records
Catalog Number: SMRS-2TR

*Record ID by Dara
**Read about Soundman Records on Jeff Hillman's Discog site: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Concert/9201/soundman.htm

N-JOI!:i_love_co

Last edited:
Re: EP for the week of 12/14/03: Second Movement 2 SMRS-2TR

Ruff tunes both of em! I even think the A side is better, it's just sounding dirtier and the breakbeats feel much harder. Again big up 1992!

That's not Second Movement it's Soundman Records

Hi Fi Power - Chill Out (Part 1) / Chill Out (Part 2)

Ahh! Neat Dara. Shame I can't change the title of the message after its been posted though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom