EP for the week of 09/26/04: Sorted "Pigbag (Phantasy Mix)" Black Dimond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
*Mp3s no longer available*

WOW, now this is a choon!!! I first heard this on the first real "rave" mixtape I ever heard. It was a tape sent to me in the mail in 1998 by the fellow (Matt Brown?) who ran the first big UK Hardcore website (all in real audio though). It was the Dreamscape 4 tape and the audio quality of it was little better then the real audio that this fellows site provided. One side was LTJ Bukem while the other was DJ Phantasy. This tape had the finest 'Ardkore I have ever heard in my life and I still think of the tune sellection on both sides as a bench mark which all other sets are to be measured.

As it turned out DJ Phantasy finished his set with a tune that he had just written.

"Ravers ravers special treat! This is DJ Phantasy's new one! Commin' out in the next couple of the weeks. Its called Pigbag! Goin' out for all the ravers. Last one from Phantasy! ... London Town, lets hear some whistle for Phantasy" - MC Long John (mc lung cancer)

If I was there in person I would certainly give DJ Phantasy "some whistle" for such an amazing tune. I think this tune is so good, its about as good as "We Told You" by Hedgehog Affair as it used the same jazz "call and response" technique with the keys which sounds so lively. A funny thing is when Phantasy played his new tune for the first time, he played it at about +6 or so. It makes me wonder why he didn't just record it at a faster speed in the first place.

Well at the time I thought the MC was calling this tune "Feedback" and looking in the DJ Phantasy discogs I could find no tune that fit this description or anything of the sort. As it turned out I found the tune was not by phantasy, it was by an artist called Sorted, it was mearly a remix by Phantasy. Now at one point in time I was emailing Easy Records, Phantasy's DnB label where I asked them if they had any old DJ Phantasy records for sale. Someone, presumably Phantasy himself, emailed me back with a price list. They actually wanted 50 pounds for this tune!!!!! I was so offended I didn't email back.

Well as it turnes out I most certainly did the correct thing by waiting it out as I found this record for sale on Ebay.uk for a reasonable price.

Now with the record in hand I can now really enjoy this tune. The Loopy Tunes mix goes in a different direction all together. Its much more mellow and laid back, last set of the night sort of tune. It includes fluffy pianos and a saxophone lick that has a really wicked stereo panning effect. Of course Phantasy's mix is the one that gets me going as its the rougher mix of the two with its big bold rave stabs and pounding 909 bass drum which the other version lacks.

And so now I am selflessly sharing the audio of this fine record with anyone who wants to "feel the rush.....all up in your face" as MC Long John would say. All that I ask is that you leave some Feedback.

Artist: Sorted
EP Title: Null
Track A2: Pigbag (The Loopy Tunes Mix)
Track B2: Pigbag (Phantasy Mix)
Label: Black Dimond
Catalog Number: PWLT234

N-Joi :gaywhite: HERE WE GO! :gaywhite:

Last edited:
well done 1992; you is providing humanity with a fine service indeed :respekt:

Nice one! The strings and bleeps are amazing on this one, dont really like whats put in the middle though

Hmm not the best Phantasy production ive heard,

Think its more about the memories of hearin it
on the dreamscape 4 tape that makes it good
for me !

Amazing set this is from though ;)

man, i like how you give us detailed back story on these tracks.
thx for taking the time to do this yo. :)

Naa! mate, that choon's to soft of choon. Dont you have anything more on the jungle side of phantasy? Hit mE!!

"Your welcome" for the download too!!! I'd love to hit you but instead I just won't be providing these MP3s for much longer. - 1992

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear you'll be discontinuing this section of the site (particularly since I only just stumbled across these forums myself). For what it's worth, I've had a huge grin slapped across my face all evening as I've been playing and re-playing these tunes. Never thought I'd hear some of them again. (The Loopy Tunes mix of 'Pigbag' is one I'm particularly happy to have been able to download. It was on a tape the brother of a mate of mine made back in the day that was responsible for getting me and a couple of others into dance music.)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom