EP for the week of 08/29/04: Unknown - Quest 01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
*MP3s no longer available*

Here is a new EP for the week. This time its a really weird and unknown white label that I got in a trade from a fellow in the UK who called himself "Sav" on the internet. I forgot his first name but his last name was Savage which is a great last name because a man by that last name made early fairground rides in the ~1800s (galloping horses among others).

I really liked this EP because of the liquid, fluid like filter manipulation of the keys in the title track. It just gave me goose bumps when I first heard it. I also love the cockney accented guy saying "Love the 'Ardkore" unfortunatly I can't make out the rest of what hes rapping. The second track on the first side seems to be a remix or reworking of the tune although there is very little different about it.

The flip side I have grown to love even more. The beats are real tribal and has a real rushy quality to it. The second track on the flip is a nice reworking of the first track on the second side. The rushy stabs are removed and replaced with some nice saxophone and ragga samples. This is the track that I like best on this EP. Its really laid back and works absolutly wonderful as a filler tune.

I have a hunch on whos behind this record and his first name is STEVE and he put out most of his stuff on the label called Liquid Wax. I make this assumption due to the fact all the cuts on this record sound exactly like the stuff he was putting out. As a matter of fact, the reason why I bought this was because I'm a big fan of that sound. Of course it could be anyone, like Seduction, I really don't know. Alls I know is that I like this record and I'm glad I have it.

Here is a new EP for the week. This time its a really weird and unknown white label that I got in a trade from a fellow in the UK who called himself "Sav" on the internet. I forgot his first name but his last name was Savage which is a great last name because a man by that last name made early fairground rides in the ~1800s (galloping horses among others).

I really liked this EP because of the liquid, fluid like filter manipulation of the keys in the title track. It just gave me goose bumps when I first heard it. I also love the cockney accented guy saying "Love the 'Ardkore" unfortunatly I can't make out the rest of what hes rapping. The second track on the first side seems to be a remix or reworking of the tune although there is very little different about it.

The flip side I have grown to love even more. The beats are real tribal and has a real rushy quality to it. The second track on the flip is a nice reworking of the first track on the second side. The rushy stabs are removed and replaced with some nice saxophone and ragga samples. This is the track that I like best on this EP. Its really laid back and works absolutly wonderful as a filler tune.

I have a hunch on whos behind this record and his first name is STEVE and he put out most of his stuff on the label called Liquid Wax. I make this assumption due to the fact all the cuts on this record sound exactly like the stuff he was putting out. As a matter of fact, the reason why I bought this was because I'm a big fan of that sound. Of course it could be anyone, like Seduction, I really don't know. Alls I know is that I like this record and I'm glad I have it.

Artist: Unknown
EP Title: Love the 'Ardkore (written in marker)
Track A1: Love The 'Ardkore
Track A2: Love The 'Ardkore (Remix)
Track AA1: Unknown
Track AA2: Unknown (Remix)
Label: Quest
Catalog Number: Quest 01

N-JOI & leave a comment you leaches!!!! The more comments I get, the more often I update.

PS: Whoa, dejavu! I copied that paragraph twice by accident.. heck its such a cool mistake im going to leave it to freak you guys out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom