EP for the week of 08/01/04: Foul Play "Finest Illusion" Section 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
*MP3s no longer available*

Here it is, Finest Illusion. Probaby the most ELUSIVE 1993 'ardkore tune ever and the most expensive on ebay at 200 pounds each! Its so elusive and expensive that I don't have a copy myself. The copy offered here was a gift from a nice person on DOA years ago. I can't remember his nickname but he scored the record on Ebay at some crazy price, very close to 200 pounds (I think he paid 160 pounds). As a favor he ripped it for me and sent me a CDR of it because I talk about this record so often.

The title track, Finest Illusion is a super lo-fi "happyhardcore" track that has a hissy amen break, a mad hands in the air breakdown backed by bass, full on chipmonk vocals, rising and falling sine wave bass, and excellent edits. While the quality is piss poor its clear that the composition is solid and well thought out. Its my guess that it was made on an Amiga computer or some other kind of low tech set up.

The flip side "Screw Face" sounds like it was done in a professional studio as it sounds fairly crisp and clean in comparison. While it sounds polished, the composition bores me as its not all that inspiring.

The local myth surrounding this tune is that it was not widely released because the owners of the chipmonks, the SOS Band caught wind of this tune and went after Moving Shadow. I'm not sure how true this is because there were many 'ardkore tunes that sampled SOS Band's "The Finest" and theres no drama surrounding those releases. Perhaps Moving Shadow was simply embarrased of this tune because it came out during a phase when everything had to be serious, dark, and gangster lame.

Which ever the case, unless Vinyl Connection does a proper repress of this, the closest thing I'll get to it is this CDR and the closest you will get to it is this download. So what are you waiting for, an invitation? :lol:

Artist : Foul Play Productions
EP Title: Null
Track A: Finest (Rippoff Record on Ebay) Illusion
Track AA: Screw Face
Label: Section 5
Catalog Number: Section 4

N-JOI.....just as long as its real.:love:

PS: Incase you didn't know. I DO NOT condone paying a lot of money for this record. If you do, your only helping the problem.

Last edited:
Re: EP for the week of 07/31/04: Foul Play "Finest Illusion" Section 5

got that allready...

if you don't.... go ahead! :slayer:

So why don't you cut this on wax and quit moanin about e-bay & £200 :mad: Or get some cd decks ;)
Nice chunes, thank you!

(y) :slayer:

Just won this on ebay.
b2_1_b.JPG

:mr_cool:

Removed mention of price. I don't want to be accociated with inflating the price of this record. - 1992

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom