EP for the week of 07/25/04: Harmony & Extreme "Music" Lucky Spin

Discussion in 'Classic 'Ardkore & Jungle' started by 1992, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1992

1992 Novantadue

You people are very very lucky, very lucky, because now you get Harmony & Extreme's MUSIC!

I first heard this track (only recently knowing the name of it) about 4 or 5 years ago when I downloaded the mp3 mix, Grooverider @ The Edge, 1993. I had the mix playing through my stereo with a reverb effect to get that cavernous warehouse feeling and when this Music track came on..... WOW! I was completely blown away and taken by surprise. Well for one I was surprised that Grooverider would play such a full on happy hardcore track right in the thick of the darkside phase (he played a few HHC style tracks in this mix actually) and I was surprised just how good this track was.

Previously my favorite track was DJ Seduction "Come On" because I felt it was the definitive rave track but, after hearing "Music" my thoughts have changed. I feel this track, "Music" is a far better example of the entire genre of 'ardkore rave tracks. So the next time you want to explain what 'ardkore is to someone in less then a minute you'll just need to play this track. Well this works for me anyway...

The flipside, Come on & Treat is another happy tune that uses that T99 style stab and it has a big piano breakdown. Its just as serious of a track as Music but I prefer Music much more.

Music itself I find is so good because of the sounds used, the melodies played out with them, and its one of the few times I've heard an over compressed amen break in a tune. I actually didn't even realize I was hearing an amen break untill a friend pointed that out.

Artist: Harmony & Extreme
    EP Title: The Same Old Shit EP
    Track A1: Come On & Treat
    Track B1: Music
    Label: Lucky Spin
    Catalog Number: LSR 007

N-JOI!:grouphug:

2. .:rmc:.

.:rmc:. junglist

great! wondering where to take all the money to buy these on vinyl! :mad:

great job there 1992 (y)

3. freeagent

freeagent Almost 30

4. DJ-Sinister

DJ-Sinister Dj-Sinister

(y) wicked mate..thanx :jackson:

5. jendoz

jendoz dread bone

*running in circles* :bone:

6. Under dog

Under dog Member

CANT WAIT TO HEAR THIS. I HAVENT HEARD IT FOR YEARS. THANKS 1992 o_O

Cool! Hey guys im locking this thread too so I can unstick everything else. The mp3 for this is still there to grab. - 1992

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.