EP for the week of 02/22/04: 2 Da Core "Rub A Dub" PM60T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
*MP3s no longer available*

This is one of those records I thought I would never get. I got it recently through the mail from Aztek whos been selling his record collection. Unfortunatly he didn't save Sheet Metal for me or Pappion Love Song, but at least I have this.

This is a tune I originally heard in the DJ Phantasy, Dreamscape 4 tape that was sent to me in the mail. That set is chock full of jems that I would like to eventually own and this was one of those jems. I'm not sure what it is about this tune, is it the sample that sounds like boy george? The rising and falling sub bass? Or is it that really BRIGHT stab in the breakdown? I think its all of those things and even though not much happens in this tune, its got THOSE things which I love so much. Also for the longest time I thought the vocal was a Boy George sample that was saying "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'mmmmm still looking to the fuuuuuuuuuutuuuuuuure", but unfortunatly, the vocal is not as cool as I thought.

The tune on the flip side, "Love Thy Brother" isn't nearly as remarkable to me. Its got some rasta horns that play a cheerfull melody, and a 303 loop that goes on forever. Its a cute tune, but not something that knocked me on my behind when I first dropped the needle onto it.

Artist: 2 Da Core
EP Title: Null
Track A1: Rub A Dub
Track B1: Love Thy Brother
Label: Unknown (white)
Catalog Number: PM60T

N-JOI! :twitch: ....and you will, and you will also leave a comment because I had to pay a bit to bring this one to you all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom