EP for the week of 02/08/04: Serotonin "Rumblism" KT001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
*MP3s no longer available*

A change of pace for this week as this one is a massive hands in the air tune from the year 1992. If your like me then you will remember "Rumblism" from the ZYX CD series "Hit The Decks vol.3" which features computer mixed mega mixes where each track is played for less then 10 seconds. Or you picked up the massively edited American version released by Moonshine called "Hit the decks, techno djs take control". You may also remember this one from my Summer Vibe mix or perhaps you got to hear a DJ spin this tune out in 1992 at some mega rave with countless moving mirror projectors going wild. Either way this is a wonderful track that will take you back to a time where dance tunes are really awesome.

I for one never thought I would ever find this tune on a 12", I was shocked and amazed when I found it after shopping at Break Beat Science for the first time ever in ~1998. When I plopped this piece of plastic on the turntables and phones they had there I just lit up with joy like a 6 year old on xmas morning! And even better the record only cost me $12.00, little did I know that the prices of these types of records would sky rocket in just a few years (much to my disapproval).

In case you didn't know, heres some trivia about this record. The "KT" in "KT001" stands for "Krome & Time", the producers who created other important hardcore tracks such as "Sounds of the Underground", "Fireball" (which sounds alot like the mid section of Dramatical Style), "Manic Stampede" and "Visions of Light" (under the alies Higher Level).

Dramatical Style is more of a slow groovy track with some very happy keys in the intro and more through out. The tune also takes you back to an earlier track by Krome & Time called "Fireball" with its midsection. Its not a favorite but its pretty good. Rumblism is the reason why this beautiful piece of plastic was made in my opinion. Its a fast and furious rushy track with a quick pace, extremely high pitched hands in the air keys, and plenty of chipmonk squeeks saying "Like this". Theres plenty of inspired change ups in the presentation of the main riff to keep you begging for more. Theres nothing to complain about with this track, its just so very good. This is one of my top ten all time favorite tracks, you can be sure of that.

Lets just say that if you like happy tunes, this is an essential download that you can't do without!

Artist: Serotonin
EP Title: Null
Track A: Dramatical Style
Track AA: Rumblism
Label: White
Catalog Number: KT001

N-Joi!o_O

Last edited:
RUFF! I've been trying to find a decent mp3 for a while but had no success, thank you! By the way this one got listed on discogs recently and the same Serotonin has got listed some house tunes on Cowboy Records and Free Spirit, do you happen to know if it's the same Serotonin?

Yeah, not too many people share hardcore MP3s, I think they want to keep it all to themselves cause they're snobbish record collectors or could care less if these beautiful tunes die on the vinyl they were originally commited to (ducks for cover). Or they just don't have the time and webspace... whatever the reason, I really do wish more people uploaded super high quality MP3s of records that aren't distorted. As for your query, I'm afraid I have no idea. Its entirely possible though. For example, I had no idea that EOAD and Aurora had more then one release and just recently I found out that they released multiple records. - 1992

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah! Fantastic! I love 'Rumblism'...I'll always associate it with 'On A Ragga Tip' and DJ Edge's 'Compounded' thanks to a Slipmatt Fantazia tape that I totally played to death. Guaranteed to fix the shittiest mood if played loudly enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom