EP for the week of 01/25/04: FBD Project "The Core" BT003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
I haven't done one of these in a while because it wasn't getting the response I think these deserve but.... things seem to be picking up ever so slightly so here is another. This one.... from what I understand is a pretty sought after record that seems to be almost as rare as Finest Illusions. I happen to have come across this nice record when I bought a collection of records from an ex-Freight Yard (allentown, pa) DJ. I knew what this record was right away as I had already heard everyone raving about it on that "oldskool" email list.

It sure would be nice to buy another collection off someone local like that again... those are rare and even rarer in the USA (so if your in the uk and you like this music, be thankful for yourself).

As for the record in question, yes its very popular but boy does it sound a bit lousy. I don't mean the tracks are bad, they're _very_ good infact (although "Shes breaking up should have been 4 minutes shorter). What I mean is they sound bad to me due to however it was recorded and mastered. It sounds extremely muddy and mushy. As always I didn't add any EQing to the track, its recorded streight from the record and then normalized so... thats exactly how its suppose to sound.

A bit of related trivia for you here is that modern dnb artist "FON" ripped the strings in the middle of "Shes breaking up" for his tune on XXX008 "Meathook" which also rips Slammin Vinyl 005.

Artist: FBD Project
EP Title: Null
Track A: Shes Breakin Up
Track AA: The Core
Label: Bangin Tunes
Catalog Number: BT003

:smash: N-Joi (and if you do please leave a comment)

I fucking love this e.p. man !

Its 1 of those that was so far ahead of its time, i have
only just found a copy myself !!!!!

Those "ALIEN" style samples & that sinister bass still
sound Fresh to this day!!

Big up Neil trix for this heavy oldskool roller !!
And big up to all the Boys stateside, Never realised
how clued up you guys are when it comes to oldskool !

:2thumbs:

Actually, I don't think there are many people in the US who are clued up on this stuff, I'm probably a weirdo in this sense. The people I know of here that know what 'ardkore is can be counted on two hands. I mean I just came back from scanning through Ebay for some tunes and I saw the only US stuff that was on there was really bad gabber tracks. All of the good stuff was all UK based. I ended up "begging" certain Ebayers to accept US cash so I can bid on some classic Dreamscape 4 anthems. So just from that, I'm very unhappy I was born in this country, I'm ashamed of this place. America knows nothing of what MC Conrad has called "The Wickodest Sound" - 1992

Last edited by a moderator:
yes big up to the darkcore sounds

Nuff respect for postin the bad boy beats

Blow up your car & ride a BMX
Ischemia :saber:

This is one of my favourite pices of vinyl of all time. Absolutely awesome.

Paid a few quid for it but then again you have to its so rare.

Got it because i desperateley wanted The Core originally but i've grown to liking She's Breaking Up even more than that which shows what an absolute tune that is as well!

FBD Project were unbeatable in '93 & early '94. Just wished they'd have done more tunes :(

Yeah the sound quality is not the best but that makes it even more hardcore for me!

glad you like my old tunes, i have not got copies of em as i lost a lot of my vinyl...... FBD stuff for us was really cool a good time to be makin music and a great scene to be part of we had 14 releases on bangin tunes so have you got em alll ???? Neil Trix.

Wow, Neil Trix! Very cool to see you here! No I'm afraid this is the only Bangin' Tunes record I currently own, I feel I'm lucky just to have this one. Hopefully in the future I'll have some others as I'm sure they're all as good as this. Thats a shame you don't have your own records anymore but at least you can now get a recording of this one.

Do you think you might ever get into writing tracks like this again? As I mentioned above, this particular sound has been attempted in DNB recently again but without the gusto and energy that your 1993 tracks had. Take care and thanks for checking in. - 1992

did a couple of remixes for deep blue, omni trio recently.. lookin at doin a couple of bits for good lookin but i not got a lot of time anymore... i work for a music company that produce sound cards etc so it takes a lot of my time up... Neil

Jesus its the legendary Neil Trix..

Never thought you'd post here !!

Man i heard the Rider play the core at
1 of the dreamscapes in 93 & it gave me
propa goosebumps when i was raving
what a tune !!!!

My fave apart from the core has to be...

FBD 003

Which i still have no idea what the tracks
are called on because i have a white label
copy.

Is there any chance of a track listing ??

Chamberz :slayer:

Nice one man! Bangin Choons used to release heavy shit...

The boys behind that - where are they now?

The author of the record this thread is about replied to that above (well he mentioned what hes up to anyway) - 1992

we were the boys behind bang-in tunes me luke and neville and amnesia house etc ohh the old days hahaha the eclipse groove fabio etc hahah makes me feel old i remember doin live PA's there as FBD project

by the way the mix was a bit shabby but all i had was a akai s950 and an atari no effects etc so it was hard going... no pcs with reason cubase etc in them old days... the core was not even going to get released but i played it to Dr scott and he nearly wet his pants it was on the end of a DAT of tunes sittin there for ages took me about 5 hrs to do , shes breakin up uses samples from six million doller man and a shabba ranks tune!!!!!! bit of crap info for you there

Neil :jazz_band

yoyoyo..big ups the one like n.trix rollin mate
i got some of your old jungle records man wicked tunes still dropin em in da mix!..
keep it real..big upps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom