ENTER & DRUMFUNK **DJ COMPETITION**

Whiteydj

DJ COMPETITION

Ez all, for those who live around the south or anyone who's willing to travel, we have a DJ competition running with the chance to win 2 sets at each Enter & a Drumfunk. You also win a £50 voucher for Frolic Records in Bournemouth.

How to enter the competiton:

All dj's are required to record a 30 minute demo (no longer, no less) and bring in or send to Frolic Records (address below) by no later than Thursday August 6th at 5.00pm.

The best 10 mixes will recieve a 30 minute slot at the final at Dusk till Dawn on Friday 7th August, with the winner announced on the night. You will be notified Friday morning so if you don't live local this may prove to be a problem.

Music Poilcy:

Drum & bass or Dubstep

Rules:

1. All participents must be 18 or over

2. Vinyl or CDJ only (No serato)

3. Acts can perform as a pair. No more than 2 dj's at one time.

4. No MC's

5. All Enter & Drumfunk residents excluded from entering

Send demo's to:

DJ COMPETITION

FROLIC RECORDS
12 BURLINGTON ARCADE
BOURNEMOUTH
BH1 2HZ

Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/event.php?eid=110979233990&ref=nf

Here are some pictures from the last Enter night to give you an idea of the crowd the winning DJ will play to.

6572_108185573509_774383509_2197695_5063074_n.jpg

6572_108192668509_774383509_2197839_7157418_n.jpg

6572_108192703509_774383509_2197845_946057_n.jpg

6572_108195618509_774383509_2197932_5698675_n.jpg

6572_108197933509_774383509_2197945_2679776_n.jpg

6572_108189298509_774383509_2197750_2333212_n.jpg

6572_108197903509_774383509_2197942_5040312_n.jpg

If I didn't think that I'd shit myself playing in front of more than 5 people then I might think about entering, not that I'd be likely to win.....

4. No MC's

why???

4. No MC's

why???

It's because we have a tight schedule to keep to time wise on the night and so that we ensure everyone plays 30 minutes exactly. Rewiring of set-ups can sometime delay things that's all and we don't want any problems to occur during the night.

Nothing against using serato at all, thinking about using it myself in the future.

It's because we have a tight schedule to keep to time wise on the night and so that we ensure everyone plays 30 minutes exactly. Rewiring of set-ups can sometime delay things that's all and we don't want any problems to occur during the night.

Nothing against using serato at all, thinking about using it myself in the future.

thats fair enough.

i filled the dancefloor and had everyone screaming, i only had one mix go out of beat yet i was robbed of a top 3 place by someone who fuked up four mixes. im thinking there is some funny buisness going on.

i filled the dancefloor and had everyone screaming, i only had one mix go out of beat yet i was robbed of a top 3 place by someone who fuked up four mixes. im thinking there is some funny buisness going on.

...all I will say is cussing judges is no way to go. Accept the fact we all have a very very slim chance of making it in DNB as a pro dj. That is not a reflection of your ability. Just so many people going for so few jobs.fact.

Getting on with promoters is important. Making a name as a whinger cussing judges cos you thought you should have won ? Not the way forward..be happy you did well, and people liked your set, build on that, not on negative comments. Just some friendly advice, take it how you will.

...all I will say is cussing judges is no way to go. Accept the fact we all have a very very slim chance of making it in DNB as a pro dj. That is not a reflection of your ability. Just so many people going for so few jobs.fact.

Getting on with promoters is important. Making a name as a whinger cussing judges cos you thought you should have won ? Not the way forward..be happy you did well, and people liked your set, build on that, not on negative comments. Just some friendly advice, take it how you will.

This ^

dont get me wrong it was a good event, i met a few good
people, no offence to judges i obviously didnt appeal to
their tastes. thats fair enough each to their own.
thanks for the opportunity to play i had a great set
i have never played to a crowd that big b4. loved it!

just one thing tho.......

was you having a bad night whitey coz i smiled at you
towards the end of the night and you glared at me like
i was a sex offender?

i was well nervous tho, i had butterflies from when i found
out i was playin in the morning till i went on that night.
soon calmed down tho after my intro i was jumpin around
like a mad man and interacting with the crowd.

once again cheers for the set. there is not enough
people like you putting on competitions that we badly
need more of

Last edited:
dont get me wrong it was a good event, i met a few good
people, no offence to judges i obviously didnt appeal to
their tastes. thats fair enough each to their own.
thanks for the opportunity to play i had a great set
i have never played to a crowd that big b4. loved it!

just one thing tho.......

was you having a bad night whitey coz i smiled at you
towards the end of the night and you glared at me like
i was a sex offender?

i was well nervous tho, i had butterflies from when i found
out i was playin in the morning till i went on that night.
soon calmed down tho after my intro i was jumpin around
like a mad man and interacting with the crowd.

once again cheers for the set. there is not enough
people like you putting on competitions that we badly
need more of

Haha no sorry mate it wasn't intentional i didn't even notice u, no offence!

I was annoyed towards the end though, some idiot threw a bottle into the dj booth all over the mixer! If it was after that then i was pissed off!

Glad you enjoyed it though :)

Haha no sorry mate it wasn't intentional i didn't even notice u, no offence!

I was annoyed towards the end though, some idiot threw a bottle into the dj booth all over the mixer! If it was after that then i was pissed off!

Glad you enjoyed it though :)

sayin about that bottle tho, did you see those twats playin
football for the first 3 sets. if they hit me with that ball
i'd have sliced there heads off with a vinyl!

Thanks to all that organized the event, thanks to dean, judda and mc skydro. I enterd the comp and came 3rd!!! (happydays) it was a wicked crowed, i didnt fuk up one mix and it was nice to c a competion based on skills and nt popularity.

Cheers again for this Dean, was a good fun! Can't wait to play a full hour on that badass system :)

Back
Top Bottom