England vs Sweden 2 - 2

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Indi, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

So we drew with Sweden and we're at the top of the group. Not the result I wanted but oh well it could be a lot worse. Sweden have always been a bit of a dodgy team for England, them having beaten us the past couple of times we've played them.
    First half was great, but again the shakes come in the second half. Joe Cole's volley was lovely, probably one of the best goals of the tournament so far.
    And poor Owen, getting fucked from the get-go. Bet Sven's gutted about not picking Defoe now. Although after Gerrard's performance, I think he might get forced into Owen's position. I mean what else is Sven gonna go now?
    Theo Walcott needs more playage as well. What's the point of bringing along a player with as much hype as Walcott if you're not gonna use him? He should have left Theo at Arsenal and brought someone like Wright-Philips methinks. Anyways, I digress.
    1 goal from Joe Cole, and 1 from Gerrard. 2 all draw and top of the group. And because Germany won against Ecuador and at the top of their group, we are NOT playing Germany in the first knock-out game. But I don't know if this is any consolation, as our 2 - 2 draw with Sweden can only have encouraged the Eduador team, and they have been pretty impressive thus so far.

PS: I've made myself a dnbforum commentator avatar, as I seem to be the only one who's actually bothered about the World Cup so far :teeth:

2. evol4276

evol4276 DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!

haha yea i caught this today (which is funny because ive never watched a world cup ever in my life) and the way england came out the first half, they looked like they would've/shouldv'e walked away from it. It was an exciting game though for me, who is pretty much new to futbol/football whichever the spelling (haha at least i didnt call it soccer :p)

3. evol4276

evol4276 DIBBA DIBBA!!!*^@%~!

btw that cole goal was sick!

4. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Ha ha, I love the avatar Indi.

I watched the game. England were on fire in the first half, and what a goal by J Cole! I'm really not sure what they did during half time though, it's like they weren't the same team! Rooney definitely seemed to run out of steam, I think taking him off was a good move, they'll definitely need him in the knockout rounds if they're going to continue playing as they are.

Any way, we still won the group so it's a great result from that point of view!

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

HOLY CRAP I MISSED IT

6. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

The Dutch have their work cut out this evening I think!

7. logikz

HUP HOLLAND HUP HOLLAND HUP HOLLAND JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODEEEEEEEEEE
    whats the word on this? argentinas a tough cookie my word

8. Indi

Yeah, the Argies have been one of the outstanding teams of the tournament so far. That said, Holland haven't been too bad either. Should be an interesting game (y)

9. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

England game: Where was Beckem ( yes on teh RHS of the pitch ...)

As for 2night...Argentina strongest team in tournament by looks of things...but COME ON HOLLAND :crazy: :crazy:

10. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Shame Des Lynam's on Countdown now eh!

I reckon you get one made up with Graeme Le Saux and the caption CUNTENTATOR :D

Last night was more of the same underachievement from us (or are they just overrated as a team?), they'd better pull it together cos if they play like that against a skilled team England will get destroyed!

Big big big sympathies going out to Owen, he didn't even have time to get his eye in this year and he's out again. Must be so fucking frustrating for him!!. Now we're left with 1 and a half strikers, and a kid with a provisional driving license.

Oh yeah and Holland for the win tonight :D give it to the Argies good & proper!!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  11. Serum

Serum Well-Known Member

Found this really hard to watch, we pissed on them in the first half then decided we'd stop trying to win after that and just let them walk all over us.

Yeah we drew but it didn't strike me that we were playing to win at all.

12. Radius

agree with Serum..the Sweeds were detirmined ...BTW WHERE IS THE SWEDISH DNB MASSIVE ?????

13. logikz

im pretty much it. and i dont even live there anymore. says a thing or two about the scene in sweden doesnt it!! pitiful club scene in general, truly pathetic, which in turn doesnt make for a very healthy dnb scene in particular. so whatve we got, seba... and... some other motherfucker.

14. Radius

champagne ? Artist from swededn???

15. Indi

Finland, along with Physics afaik