Energeticz-Alternetiy

adi19

Sex Drugs and drumn bass!
Well this is my first track i really completed!

Its my first Drum and Bass Track ever and the first Song I've ever produced with Ableton!
Im buying a Midi keyboard on Saturday and I hope I keep getting better.
Anyways heres the link:

Please give me a feedback what is good and what is bad.

Thank you!

Greetings Adi19 aka. Energeticz

Last edited:
it doesnt offer much in way of surprises. for a drum and bass song its very novice but musically its good enough to make me think you play an instrument.
and never wrote a drum and bass tune before. is that so?
the samples youve used are a tad plain and the programming isnt very funky so the overall sound falls flat. in my opinion.

Your right this is, as i mentioned my first dnb song and your also right with the instrument i play E-Bass but in a jazz band ^^.
I used clean Samples from vec 3 and im already on my next tune ^^ maybe you have some tipps for me before i get started.

Just keep at it, if that is your first dnb track, then you'll be good enough someday.
Just sit down and listen an hour to your favorite dnb artists or maybe even some artist from forums like these to find inspiration.
Just listen to other tracks and find the way how they do 'it'.

Well actuallyi im up to this type of drum and bass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0prFicLgXxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Z--NtaQoo

I think my problems are also my vsts i just got Nexus and a free plugin called La-basslines which is really good for dnb i think
But for melodys i think nexus is like the house, hardstyle and handsup type but not that good for drum and bass do you know any good vsts? I use Ableton btw.

Last edited:
Ok im going to study these two songs now until i got every sound in it out and analysed :D and till I got the complete buildup

So Do you use vsts or do you just work with reason?

nice one for cracking on with producing stuff mate, you will get there just keep rolling them out! its not a bad start either, better than my first dnb track :)

My only problem are the vsts Nexus just isnt right but i dont know any good vsts

Ps: I like your songs

vsti's most people use are: massive, albino, z3ta im sure there are more - but i like to use very simple synths like 3xosc and play with the lfos / effects to see what i can create :)
vstis are much more comfortable to use and you can get a pretty good sound very very quickly

plus presets are always a good starting point

Sylenth1 is massive, you can get some hard filthy basslines out of it, as well as nice leads and pads.
I use NI Absynth a lot, which is great for atmospheric sounds.
The Albino and NI Massive as said above are great too.

Then I started using the Alchemy VSTi a lot more last days, great one with the 8 different FX slots below which can be automated smoothly.

Next to that I started working in Reason couple of months ago, great piece of software.
So working hard one tracks in both reason and FL now, can't stick with one program though.

if you use ableton, learn operator, its very capable, and analog too, both can make decent sounds, and are great to get your head around synthesis.

Back
Top Bottom