EMU6400 Ultra samplers - still being used?

Robmobius

Hey all,

I remember back in the day (late 90s) a lot of the mahor DnB guys were using the EMU6400 Ultra sampler. (Oh, how I loved BC's sound on "Inside the Machine"). Are many guys still using it, or are they now using VST samplers instead? And if so - what are the main ones being used?

Cheers,

R.

yep... we got one with a scsi hard drive built in. Sat alongside an Akai S5000 and the MPC2000, that makes up our hardware samplers (although we do have an old citronic dj'ing sampler knocking about somewhere...) but we still use software samplers too. Battery and Kontakt... Reason's Redrum and DrRex... lately we have been getting into Structure, all offer something different. Usually the work flow is better and its easy to convert over to hardware after, making the most of the analogue gains on the rec input and then twisting shit up using the filters and fx.

I think you learn a lot more from hardware and not only does it give your sound a boost, it takes some of the burden off the PC.

Peace

Cheers guys... I saw one on ebay a while ago and was thinking about nabbing it. :) Are most people using Software samplers these days?

yeah but that doesnt mean vsampler or kontact necessarily, just the built in sampler in whatever program you use. when it comes to sampling we use cool edit normally, i use the emu for sound design

yup ive got one too, the emu e-6400 and its amazing. great article kama. also, did you get my damn PM on doa

I didnt get your damn pm. or i might have but i never check them. I will check now.

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Ah i get it. get on aim later today. I'm going away for a week or so tomorrow so its gotta be done today.

Back
Top Bottom