EMU- Which one?

Rajstah Vibe

soundcloud.com/rajstah
VIP Junglist
Right, so...
I've been reading peeps telling wonders about EMU systems.
But which one would be the phattier one to process neuro grinded disto basslines???

Iv got the e5000 ultra, I'm not sure what the difference is between this and the 6400 ultra.

Beware though, these things are fucking huge and when turned on the fan is annoyingly loud.

But yeah they are cool.

Iv got the e5000 ultra, I'm not sure what the difference is between this and the 6400 ultra.

Beware though, these things are fucking huge and when turned on the fan is annoyingly loud.

But yeah they are cool.

Well, as the fan it's so loud as described, I can figure out that these machines they must be quite cool! :teeth:

- - - Updated - - -

Other than that? What are actually the advantages on using this '90s machines compared to nowadays daws?
I mean, over the fact that u got a dinosaurs in your desk, very noisy and with limited upgrades. Do they have a real specific sound that cannot be recreate with a normal daw?

h85294B1B

At the end of the day, they are still digital samplers from the '90s... Sampling has developed!
Is there a specific dsp onboard or a specific AD/DA circuit that create an "EMU" sound?
Is it worth £200 or it's just a collectible piece of working junk for geeks?

I'd say an E-MU is worth £200

Best things about the EMU
Its nice to overdrive the inputs a bit when recording into it to give a sound some "fuzz"

Its got some nice effects. reverb, chorus etc

Beautiful filters, LFO's and envelopes to manipulate your sound

You get a whole new world of possibilities.
Once you've made a sound in Massive or FM8 etc just record it into the E-MU and fuck it up more

You can actually push buttons and twist knobs rather than clicking a mouse

Worst things about the EMU
Its fucking huge

Its fucking loud

Its can be a ball ache to use

They are old so your constantly worrying it could die any second

Switching on an E-MU doesn't automatically give you Ed Rush & Optical sounds

Back
Top Bottom