EMU Samplers

Josephm561

Just a quick question about emu's, To get that sexy warm sound do most people overdrive the old mackie desks with em? And if so could anybody recommend me some models to look at?

any desk will do overdrive, so desk gain and sample with emu then overdrive the emus output too and its baaddddddddd. i got the e6400 and its awesome, but any model will do. im pretty sure they come standard with the filters and the chorus (the chorus really is instrumental in making that ed rush and opticals sound from late 90s, at least its the only way i know how).

Last edited:
Cheers for the advice, was looking at the E5000, Do you reckon there are smaller say 6 channel desks? Space is abit of an issue so making everything as compact as possible would be great, also have you got any tunes of yours i can have a listen to seeing as you use the EMU?

tumblr_m6vja2LKF31qck796o1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
depends what you want to do buddy, tutorial for what? once youve sampled bass, breaks and chords and filter sweeped the shit out them you really dont need anybody telling you what to do, it sort of comes naturally. you know my shit doesnt even have midi? didnt plug that in. yessir.

Just a vid that kind of gives you a tour round the whole user interface of the thing, Im sure if i get it ill be able to work it out eventually though, Im just stuck with finding a desk because Im not really sure what im supposed to be looking for in a desk, i been reading loads of stuff on forums and on the net but it seems that its all written to and by people who already have some kind of understanding of what desks they are looking for. I dont even know the names of any of the old ones ^^

buy - soundcraft compact, emu sampler, could be you want to get a valve amp or a valve compressor for somewhere in the process. now get funky. look the interface is self explanatory. but you have to be mcgyver with it ok, its not for free. sample from the emu to your computer, thats how you get the warpy bass.

Back
Top Bottom