Emporor Monolith Ustream

Eternaloptimist

VIP Junglist
Emporor just said he will be doing a ustream tomorrow at 1800 Gmt on how he made monolith
just a heads up to those that wanna watch
:zest:

u right...way too many trolls :moe: the guy was willing to answer any qns n people just effed it up asking him to play the tune at 110 bpm

Still interesting tho. Like how he didn't bother with synths much, more samples, and works with ozone (?wasn't it?) on the master. A tune's a tune after all, doesn't matter how you make it.

agreed, setting out on making my first tune with the main bass being sampled from a pack... kind of felt like it was cheating in a big way before, now he's made me feel more relaxed about it!

agreed, setting out on making my first tune with the main bass being sampled from a pack... kind of felt like it was cheating in a big way before, now he's made me feel more relaxed about it!

When he talks about sampling pretty sure he means just working with actually audio clips of synth patches he has personally created he doesn't mean just ripping something straight from a sample CD...

When he talks about sampling pretty sure he means just working with actually audio clips of synth patches he has personally created he doesn't mean just ripping something straight from a sample CD...
Yeah that's what I thought. Most useful thing I got out of it was how he arranged the drums as audio clips instead of using patterns, never really used FL that way before as patterns were what made it different. Anyways been trying that method lately and am able to quickly get my drums to sound less boring (y)

possibly, im sure he said he uses basses that are sampled from other places though :) as long as you make them your own!

he didnt say he doesnt use sample cds, imo he especially said buy more samples and cds and stuff - and how he never really used synths.

it just DOESNT matter where the samples come from.

listen to the sample that he he used ,,,then listen to it after he ran it through that ridic fx chain! madness
that loxy n resound (kernel) tune also used just audio samples...crazy what your fx chain can do

he didnt say he doesnt use sample cds, imo he especially said buy more samples and cds and stuff - and how he never really used synths.

it just DOESNT matter where the samples come from.

If you watch his live streams he explicitly says that they are patches he has created then rendered. Also if you read his 'Network' massive synth tutorial on DOA then you'll be able to tell he knows what he's talking about when it comes to synthesis.

Back
Top Bottom